Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

Pastors are people so of course they’re not. But you wouldn’t understand because you don’t understand mercy, grace, and forgiveness, as well as repentance.
why wouldnt i understand that stuff

what makes you think you do?

just because pastors are people it doesnt mean they automatically dont know christianity, but id bet 99% of them dont.

Thebrownblob

why wouldnt i understand that stuff

what makes you think you do?

just because pastors are people it doesnt mean they automatically dont know christianity, but id bet 99% of them dont.
Because if you did, you would know that pastors are human beings, and make the same mistakes everyone else makes. Christians don’t have to be perfect because they have all those things.

The people who pretend they don’t make those mistakes are the very same people Jesus detested like the Pharisees. The ones who watched other people pray for forgiveness of their sins and said I’m really glad I’m not like that guy.

Thebrownblob

The overwhelming majority of Christians are just humans trying to do the right thing. You focus on the ones who aren't for justification of how you live your life.
It’s easy to throw stones at people who have a standard and have a hard time living up to it when they fall. Because they’re human.

The ones that have no standard, and do whatever they want is difficult to judge those people. Because they don’t care.

vantexan

bc i dont see any social movements coming out of the church. the church is dying and they are censoring themselves.
The Church is about being pleasing to God in this life so that you can receive eternal life. If everyone did that then there wouldn't be a need for social movements.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Christians? Yes no such thing as a perfect one.
My belief is that all Christians are perfect in Christ, and in Christ all forgiveness and righteousness is found.

My opinion, observation, and experience is lack if faith and trust in this is what makes most of us so feeble in our Christian example.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Church is about being pleasing to God in this life so that you can receive eternal life. If everyone did that then there wouldn't be a need for social movements.
I put my faith and trust in accepting God’s forgiveness, righteousness, and love found and bound in the life, death, resurrection, and exaltation of Jesus is pleasing to God.

I believe when this is sincerely and radically accepted and surrendered to, the power of God in the person of the Holy Spirit comes, and comes with power, for those who believe.

Integrity

Binge Poster
its unlikely the pastor is even practising it properly
My belief and observation is many pastors seem to lack the full power of the Holy Spirit and this is what gives the appearance of a feeble Christianity that lacks the power to carry out their own claims about it.

vantexan

I put my faith and trust in accepting God’s forgiveness, righteousness, and love found and bound in the life, death, resurrection, and exaltation of Jesus is pleasing to God.

I believe when this is sincerely and radically accepted and surrendered to, the power of God in the person of the Holy Spirit comes, and comes with power, for those who believe.
Have you been baptized?

Status
Not open for further replies.