Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantexan

What would be a good conclusion from your IF the earth is at 9000 years old?
How about...maybe it's older?
It means, as I've been pointing out, that the Earth is a lot older than some Christians claim and men and dinosaurs didn't exist at the same time, unless you count crocodiles. Maybe that's the fierce creature you mentioned earlier.

vantexan

So if the Earth is at most 9000 years old, and man and dinosaurs co-existed during that time, then there would be a lot more documentation from ancient writings and art. Men would've have had an extremely difficult time surviving predatory dinosaurs as well as other mammals. It doesn't hold up under scrutiny.
P.S. Did Noah have all the dinosaurs on the ark?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It means, as I've been pointing out, that the Earth is a lot older than some Christians claim and men and dinosaurs didn't exist at the same time, unless you count crocodiles. Maybe that's the fierce creature you mentioned earlier.
I didn't mention it. Job did.
It's not a crocodile. People make a living wrestling crocs in Florida.
God indicates that this creature cannot be captured or tamed, and that those who have tried will never do so again.

vantexan

I didn't mention it. Job did.
It's not a crocodile. People make a living wrestling crocs in Florida.
God indicates that this creature cannot be captured or tamed, and that those who have tried will never do so again.
You ever seen a 20+ ft crocodile? They're maneaters.

BrownFlush

P.S. Did Noah have all the dinosaurs on the ark?
I don't think there were any on the Ark.
I think the flood was the cause of the extinction. It explains a lot about the current land mass, what bones are being found where, etc.
The catastrophic change in the earth after the flood could in no way sustain the monsters, food, etc. God let them die in the flood.

Last edited:

vantexan

I don't think there were any on the Ark.
I think the flood was the cause of the extinction. It explains a lot about the current land mass, what bones are being found where, etc.
The catastrophic change in the earth after the flood could in no way sustain the monsters, food, etc. God let them die.
And yet none of that was said in Genesis.

vantexan

Amazing that beyond a vague description in Job there's nothing in the Old Testament referring to any animals but mammals and birds and small reptiles. Nothing in other ancient writings in other cultures either. But a description in Job of a beast that could've very well been a crocodile is ironclad proof that men and dinosaurs co-existed. Much, much more likely that a huge meteor hit near the present day Yucatan Peninsula about 70 million years ago if I remember right and wiped them out.

BrownFlush

Amazing that beyond a vague description in Job there's nothing in the Old Testament referring to any animals but mammals and birds and small reptiles. Nothing in other ancient writings in other cultures either. But a description in Job of a beast that could've very well been a crocodile is ironclad proof that men and dinosaurs co-existed. Much, much more likely that a huge meteor hit near the present day Yucatan Peninsula about 70 million years ago if I remember right and wiped them out.
I never said anything about iron clad proof of anything. You asked where. I told you. Conclude what you want.

vantexan

Not at all.
What's the problem? Why won't you answer?
Already told you, I don't know. But I've learned enough over the years to question whether the Old Testament is in fact Jewish mythology. Doesn't mean it all is but likely a good deal of it is. YMMV

BrownFlush

Already told you, I don't know. But I've learned enough over the years to question whether the Old Testament is in fact Jewish mythology. Doesn't mean it all is but likely a good deal of it is. YMMV
No. You never told me anything.
So you don't believe that the book of Job happened? That it is not the Word of God? Wowza. Didn't expect that from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.