Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

It will be fine

And cliquish.
Cultish. It's a Christian cult with some words changed. Higher power instead of God, meetings instead of service/church. It's also not very effective in maintaining sobriety in its followers. A good head shrink will do a better job without the religious conversion.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Cultish. It's a Christian cult with some words changed. Higher power instead of God, meetings instead of service/church. It's also not very effective in maintaining sobriety in its followers. A good head shrink will do a better job without the religious conversion.
Exposing your ignorance again.
It is a tremendous support group.
Your hatred of religions has clouded your ability to critique but you are certainly welcome to your opinion.

I do not use it for addition but rather depression and it has done more for me than a psychiatrist’s drugs, or a psychologist’s guidance.
Also, NA does not allow quoting from the Bible or any other religious text.
It is a spiritual program and your Higher Power can be whatever you want including a door knob

My HP is the NA reading material and everyone is fine with that.

bbsam

Staff member
Lol

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Simply not true. Children are baptized into the church all the time. Even children not expected to live past a few days.

Maybe you should stop limiting what God is able and willing to do.
pxwTfMP.jpg

newfie

Religious teachings not religious handcuffs.

It will be fine

Exposing your ignorance again.
It is a tremendous support group.
Your hatred of religions has clouded your ability to critique but you are certainly welcome to your opinion.

I do not use it for addition but rather depression and it has done more for me than a psychiatrist’s drugs, or a psychologist’s guidance.
Also, NA does not allow quoting from the Bible or any other religious text.
It is a spiritual program and your Higher Power can be whatever you want including a door knob

My HP is the NA reading material and everyone is fine with that.
It's not really my opinion. It's reality.
The Bad Science of Alcoholics Anonymous

"A meticulous analysis of treatments, published more than a decade ago in The Handbook of Alcoholism Treatment Approaches but still considered one of the most comprehensive comparisons, ranks AA 38th out of 48 methods."

You claim it's not religious but spew the dogma to define your spirituality.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
wishful thinking at best :) but it would highlight my point. those that bash the Christian religion here would not do so if all was right in their lives.
their searching for something but their pride wont allow them to admit it yet. So they toy with the Christian religion in their own little twisted way pretending they don't need it but desperately craving the message of love and forgiveness it presents.
Funny-Easter-Memes.jpg

bbsam

Staff member

"A meticulous analysis of treatments, published more than a decade ago in The Handbook of Alcoholism Treatment Approaches but still considered one of the most comprehensive comparisons, ranks AA 38th out of 48 methods."

I read that article a while ago. It came out around the time Obamacare was kicking into gear. Sure seemed like a lot of folks were interested in cashing in on that money. AA was not looking to do so.

vantexan

and this is spiritual death on 1 level. its a multi level spiritual death:

Dr. Jill Stein‏Verified account @DrJillStein 37m37 minutes ago

"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death." -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. #MLK50th

DZ-38zrWsAA97bR.jpg
As of 2015 Defense was slightly over 16% of all federal spending. Social Security alone accounted for 25%. Don't know what the percentages were when MLK made that statement but he would have to be pleased that not half of the budget is going to the military as some like to claim.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
As of 2015 Defense was slightly over 16% of all federal spending. Social Security alone accounted for 25%. Don't know what the percentages were when MLK made that statement but he would have to be pleased that not half of the budget is going to the military as some like to claim.
wrong

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

That article does not apply to Narcotics Anonymous.
I’m not too sure it really applies to AA.
I agree that Big Money has bastardized the 12 Steps.
I know NA works for many including myself.
Does it work for everyone? NO and no program does.
I have feeling AA didn’t offer to pay for a favorable rating. Most of these type of articles solicit donations.
UPS wins all kinds of rewards ... usually after buying a sponsorship.
AA and NA have a ‘cultish’ feel to them but that does not mean it can’t work for a person.
UPS itself is definitely cultish as we all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.