Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownArmy

Atheism cannot explain the continuing order of the universe. How is it that there continues to be an atmosphere in which even an atheist can live and move and have his being? Why does the world continue to exist? Why are the “laws” that science seeks to discover and explain constant as regulators of the affairs of this universe? How can science itself as a legitimate field or category of inquiry continue? It is because that certain “laws” are stable and regulative. And these laws continue. How could mindless matter give rise to the development of the scientific laws over the millions of years of suggested evolutionary development? How could chaos give rise to order and mud to mind given the evolutionary view of things? And how could things get “fixed” and settled as ongoing principles or laws of operation? What gives such laws any ontological status in the first place, to say nothing of why they continue, in the second? Atheism again has only the irrational mutterings of a man on philosophical dope. The management of the universe is as foreign to any offered atheistic explanation as is the origin of it !

Take a biology class...

Nature doesn’t throw away anything that works.

You and I are 94% the same, genetically, as a rabbit.

We’re 60% genetically the same as fruit flies and bananas.

Etc.

Eyes follow almost the same path/structure across every species.

When evolution comes up with something that works, it keeps inserting that code into the next iteration, ad nauseum.

I call that science, I’m sad you don’t call that God’s work.

It’s real, why deny it?

trickpony1

All DNA on earth coils the same direction which strongly suggests divine intervention.

If DNA originated on earth it would coil, randomly, in one of two directions based on the probability of normal distribution.

BrownArmy

All DNA on earth coils the same direction which strongly suggests divine intervention.

If DNA originated on earth it would coil, randomly, in one of two directions based on the probability of normal distribution.

Toilets flush one way in our hemisphere, the other way in the other hemisphere.

Divine Intervention?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Consider this. There are only two possibilities; either life and the physical universe arose by natural processes, i.e. by evolution, or a supernatural agency designed our physical reality. There are no other options. The controversy between the two positions exists because there are two explanations that are applied to the facts. Evolution demands a material explanation for all things and this is a philosophical bias not a scientific necessity; the first of many indications that evolutionary commitments are religious in nature and subjective. Thats scary.
For example, evolution sees facts like the similarity between life forms (homologies) as in the case of the great apes and the human body as organic beings having a common ancestor. This is an example of biological evolution evaluating the facts with a potential explanation of why similar forms exist and potentially explains how they came into existence.
A second interpretation of these same facts would consider the biological relationship of ape and man not unreasonable, except for the vast number of differences between the life forms that are unbridgeable by any currently known natural phenomena.
This leads to question whether chemicals like DNA and proteins, or statistical probability, chance and time and ultimately, evolutionary theory, could account for the differences or the similarities between such life forms.
While evolutionists, knowing the odds are impossible , are willing to explain away the discrepancies by faith in unknown and un-testable hypotheses, design advocates freely admit that intervention by something more creative than humans had a hand in, if not a deliberate act in, making such creatures into unique, but fairly adaptable life forms.
The facts lead to this conclusion making the design theory a viable alternative hypothesis.

rickyb

Again, please give me the source or where its written down that the reason religion exist is to make the world a better place.
it doesnt make sense otherwise and seems too petty.

i mean, what did you think jesus was doing??? LOL

and i dont need religion to tell me to do something good for the world, its common sense that should be our primary goals.

BrownArmy

Consider this. There are only two possibilities; either life and the physical universe arose by natural processes, i.e. by evolution, or a supernatural agency designed our physical reality. There are no other options. The controversy between the two positions exists because there are two explanations that are applied to the facts. Evolution demands a material explanation for all things and this is a philosophical bias not a scientific necessity; the first of many indications that evolutionary commitments are religious in nature and subjective. Thats scary.
For example, evolution sees facts like the similarity between life forms (homologies) as in the case of the great apes and the human body as organic beings having a common ancestor. This is an example of biological evolution evaluating the facts with a potential explanation of why similar forms exist and potentially explains how they came into existence.
A second interpretation of these same facts would consider the biological relationship of ape and man not unreasonable, except for the vast number of differences between the life forms that are unbridgeable by any currently known natural phenomena.
This leads to question whether chemicals like DNA and proteins, or statistical probability, chance and time and ultimately, evolutionary theory, could account for the differences or the similarities between such life forms.
While evolutionists, knowing the odds are impossible , are willing to explain away the discrepancies by faith in unknown and un-testable hypotheses, design advocates freely admit that intervention by something more creative than humans had a hand in, if not a deliberate act in, making such creatures into unique, but fairly adaptable life forms.
The facts lead to this conclusion making the design theory a viable alternative hypothesis.

There’s a simpler way to address this...

The fact that we’re having this conversation means that thinking beings have arose from the mud and the muck at least once, and it’s us.

Indulge me...

If humans weren’t the product of a self-selecting evolutionary process, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

The fact that we are indeed having this conversation means only that...if this planet was the only planet in the entire Universe where life evolved (not likely, because math), then, how lucky we are!!!

Still doesn’t necessitate a watchmaker.

rickyb

Maybe the laws of the universe that demand order , Canada is the exception...nahhhhhh
hey sherlock, i just recalled what i learned in biology 12 last year.

its called "entropy". its the second law of 3 of thermodynamics. and its that we go from order to chaos and that applies to the universe. look it up. maybe study some stuff instead of just blaming god all the time. a room that you clean that gets messy over time is an example.

some movies on chaos is the dark knight, and jurassic park.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
There’s a simpler way to address this...

The fact that we’re having this conversation means that thinking beings have arose from the mud and the muck at least once, and it’s us.

The fact that we are having this conversion means that a more intelligent being created us to do so.
Where did you get the mud to evolve from anyway?

(not likely, because math)

I've done the math... it is impossible for something to come from nothing.

Still doesn’t necessitate a watchmaker.
If you own a watch, somebody made it.

BrownArmy

The fact that we are having this conversion means that a more intelligent being created us to do so.
Where did you get the mud to evolve from anyway?

I've done the math... it is impossible for something to come from nothing.

If you own a watch, somebody made it.

The fact that we’re having this conversation means only that, no watchmaker necessary.

We can create proteins in a lab-setting that simulates an early-Earth scenario...proteins eventually lead to rabbits and fungi and pine trees and humans and ants...etc.

You haven’t done the math, stop yourself!

The fact that humans make watches doesn’t mean that humans were necessarily made.

Why are you short-changing your Creator?

Maybe your Creator works with gravity, Jupiter, magnetism, and RNA/DNA...

(All things that exist, and if they didn’t, we wouldn’t exist).

Is it such a stretch to look out at a Universe 13 billion light years wide, and think how wonderful and amazing it is that we’re here?

No watchmaker needed.

Take a biology class.

Status
Not open for further replies.