Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantexan

that was my attempt at humour and i enjoyed it.

i already answered
No, you didn't. How do you arrive at a number in the millions when they had no vehicles, no internet, etc to count the dead? Where were these armies from that killed millions when in the 1500's and 1600's settlers numbers numbered in the thousands? It was disease, period.

rickyb

No, you didn't. How do you arrive at a number in the millions when they had no vehicles, no internet, etc to count the dead? Where were these armies from that killed millions when in the 1500's and 1600's settlers numbers numbered in the thousands? It was disease, period.
they are estimates and you dont need internet to count the dead LOL

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Most people practice religion because it makes them feel better about life.
I have no problem with religious people, nor do I hold religious corruption over their head. Not their fault.
That said, for any of us to think that we KNOW how we got here, what we are doing, where we are going; that's just silly. We don't know jack. I personally have found a peace in accepting this as fact. This is not as easy for others, and aligning themselves to a defined set of beliefs helps them. For that, I appreciate religion; specifically when it comes to people who are recovering from addiction or tradgedy. Religion offers them solace.
Personally, I'm partial to the hypothesis presented in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Not that a monolith changed us from ape to man, but that outside (alien) intelligence touched us and gave us a giant leap in the evolutionary process.
Beyond this, I accept that I don't know jack, and it's fun to simply hypothesize and daydream. I seek no unadulterated truth, because I know it's impossible to find it.

rickyb

I don't blame God. I thank Him.
Any law of physics, chemistry, thermodynamics , biology , is to His credit.
none of them are.

your problem is the way youve been taught your religion. you have to figure out who actually understands it or to get more perspectives on it.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Most people practice religion because it makes them feel better about life.
Not me. While scripture provides comfort for what happens in life.. I "practice" religion for the after life.
I have no problem with religious people, nor do I hold religious corruption over their head. Not their fault.
I have no problem with non religious people, nor do I hold secular corruption over their heads. It's not their fault.
That said, for any of us to think that we KNOW how we got here, what we are doing, where we are going; that's just silly. We don't know jack
I find just the opposite to be true. It's just plain silly to not KNOW how we got here, where we are going, and what we are doing. To know jack, you must study what jack has revealed.
I personally have found a peace in accepting this as fact
Go for it. Personally, I never found peace in ignorance or not knowing.
when it comes to people who are recovering from addiction or tragedy. Religion offers them solace.
This is true.
Personally, I'm partial to the hypothesis presented in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Not that a monolith changed us from ape to man, but that outside (alien) intelligence touched us and gave us a giant leap in the evolutionary process.
You are partial to an outside alien intelligence form touching us as opposed to a God who created us. Ok.. but I'm gonna go with b.
Beyond this, I accept that I don't know jack, and it's fun to simply hypothesize and daydream. I seek no unadulterated truth, because I know it's impossible to find it.
You shall know THE truth and THE truth will make you free. Not "a" truth .."the " truth.
Absolute truth exists. Dig in.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Not me. While scripture provides comfort for what happens in life.. I "practice" religion for the after life.

I have no problem with non religious people, nor do I hold secular corruption over their heads. It's not their fault.

I find just the opposite to be true. It's just plain silly to not KNOW how we got here, where we are going, and what we are doing. To know jack, you must study what jack has revealed.

Go for it. Personally, I never found peace in ignorance or not knowing.

This is true.

You are partial to an outside alien intelligence form touching us as opposed to a God who created us. Ok.. but I'm gonna go with b.

You shall know THE truth and THE truth will make you free. Not "a" truth .."the " truth.
Absolute truth exists. Dig in.
What chapter in the bible will I find the absolute truth that you are privy to? The one where the guy survives getting eaten by a whale?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
What chapter in the bible will I find the absolute truth that you are privy to? The one where the guy survives getting eaten by a whale?
Didn't say I was privy to.. Dig in. Doesn't say whale. Great fish.
Careful.. the fact that happened was a sign of something else to happen in the NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.