Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

... america has a major spiritual deficit. cornel west also says its spiritually malnourished. i agree and i think my country is the same.
I definitely think the US and Canada are in a Spiritual demise and it's not necessary if people would just realize that Spiritual and Religions have almost nothing in common.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
in religion most people essentially do nothing aside from hoping to be saved.

its alot like politics where people do nothing and hope the politician helps them.

or capitalism where people lets the capitalist run their lives at work.

we know the outcomes for the last 2, and its likely that god doesnt exist or doesnt care about you.

That is quite a judgmental statement ... I can imagine many people think you live a pitiful existence.

What others think is not relevant or important ... unless they have a gun and use force.

What judgement do you reach from his quote?

BrownFlush

I definitely think the US and Canada are in a Spiritual demise and it's not necessary if people would just realize that Spiritual and Religions have almost nothing in common.
Agree with part A. Part B.. Spirit AND Truth equals proper worship. Gotta have the right attitude plus the right information offered or its vain.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What judgement do you reach from his quote?
I try not to judge ... it's one of my highest goals in life.

I don't judge Ricky Bob in anyway except that I find his posts to be basically nonsense and 'not his thoughts'.
He is always presenting someone else's thoughts and that just doesn't strike home with me so I keep him on ignore but still read some of his posts when I am feeling calm and not hurried.
I do put Noam Chomsky up on a pedestal and read some of his stuff.
I 'worked with him' back in 1974 - 75 on some AI stuff ... mainly on the concept of 'I/Thou' recognition being the point at which an entity, whether organic or otherwise, becomes sentient - aware of itself and an understanding that 'I' am separate from the world in which 'I' exist.

BrownFlush

I try not to judge ... it's one of my highest goals in life.

I don't judge Ricky Bob in anyway except that I find his posts to be basically nonsense and 'not his thoughts'.
Hey.. I think we sling the judge word around so much we are afraid to state obvious conclusions about some one or something.

I do put Noam Chomsky up on a pedestal and read some of his stuff.I 'worked with him' back in 1974 - 75 on some AI stuff ... mainly on the concept of 'I/Thou' recognition being the point at which an entity, whether organic or otherwise, becomes sentient - aware of itself and an understanding that 'I' am separate from the world in which 'I' exist.
Interesting.
I don't remember much about him but he was anti Nam and a true left-winger.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Hey.. I think we sling the judge word around so much we are afraid to state obvious conclusions about some one or something.
Sorry but I do not accept the association of your statement being politically unacceptable.
You were imposing your beliefs on another person and judging them based on your beliefs without understanding their belief system.

Non sequitur

Just spoke to an old man Iraqi Chaldean immigrant. He explained the Middle East and the religious problems quite well.He told me that most of the Muslim people who are not following the tenets of Islam are good where as the religion is bad. Contrary the Christian religion is good but its people are bad because they don't follow Jesus's truth.

rickyb

Just spoke to an old man Iraqi Chaldean immigrant. He explained the Middle East and the religious problems quite well.He told me that most of the Muslim people who are not following the tenets of Islam are good where as the religion is bad. Contrary the Christian religion is good but its people are bad because they don't follow Jesus's truth.
laughable

and what makes him an expert???

UrFellowUpser

The Abrahamic religions are nothing but male chauvinistic murder cults made up by sand dwelling goat herders of the desserts of the so called middle east.

rickyb

haha capitalism has infected every aspect of american society:

Klippenstein's monster‏Verified account @kenklippenstein 13m13 minutes ago

DpwyyhDW0AAzVPW.jpg

DpwyyhBXUAEKcv4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.