Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Well, ok. Not really going to argue the point if it is “faith” that you want to include.

More to the point is that it is all of God’s doing that none may boast.
Grace alone does not save.
Faith alone does not save. (James 2:24)
If by do, you mean earn salvation, you are right. None are worthy.
But you "must do" his will ( Mt. 7:21 ) and be obedient (Heb. 5: 9 )to his commandments (John 14:15).
This "doing" is our response to the grace and love shown us.
This is an "active" faith. Dead faith is nothing according to James. The devils believe and tremble.( James2:19 )

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But you "must do" his will ( Mt. 7:21 ) and be obedient (Heb. 5: 9 )to his commandments (John 14:15).
This is an "active" faith. Dead faith is nothing according to James. The devils believe and tremble.( James2:19 )
You know nothing about religion.

bbsam

Staff member

CA5BCCD0-32EF-48E8-A7EC-FEC1F6B265EA.jpeg

Sometimes I think we make things too complicated even to the point of using scripture to justify our own dark hearts. Jesus’ command to us is simple, love God and love people. There is not one without the other.

vantexan

Judgement is for rewards, not salvation.

The saved will face the Judgement Seat of Christ.

The unsaved go to the Great White Throne judgement.
Hebrews 9:27..man will face judgement. I think it's dangerous to believe one can carry on, doing as he did before becoming a Christian, and there won't be a punishment.

bbsam

Staff member
But why will we face God in judgment if there's nothing we can do to lose our salvation?
That is an excellent question. Maybe it is one last opportunity for you to experience just how unworthy you are.

I suggest you throw yourself at the mercy of the court, fully own your dark, evil selfishness, and accept the grace and mercy that is offered.

:)

bbsam

Staff member
Hebrews 9:27..man will face judgement. I think it's dangerous to believe one can carry on, doing as he did before becoming a Christian, and there won't be a punishment.
I don’t believe that is even possible. I don’t believe such a person has become a Christian.

On the other hand, much of the daily death and rebirth of the individual may not be seen. It may take years and will take a lifetime. Some changes may never occur.

vantexan

I don’t believe that is even possible. I don’t believe such a person has become a Christian.

On the other hand, much of the daily death and rebirth of the individual may not be seen. It may take years and will take a lifetime. Some changes may never occur.
You may be right. But if one does accept Christianity believing he can still get drunk, screw around, etc because it's impossible to lose his salvation he may be on the wrong path.

It will be fine

You may be right. But if one does accept Christianity believing he can still get drunk, screw around, etc because it's impossible to lose his salvation he may be on the wrong path.
Didn’t Jeezy turn water into wine? I’m pretty sure wine will get you drunk.

oldngray

nowhere special
I guess Southern Baptists have a different creed and belief system.
What denomination do y'all adhere to?
I'm Southern Baptist now. They are a bit different here than in the South. Much less Pentecostal influence. I was Lutheran and went through their catechism so know about their beliefs also.

bbsam

Staff member
There is a saying in some AA circles:

AA will friend’ up your drinking.

I suppose it’s much the same when one truly accepts God’s forgiveness and grace.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
View attachment 221075

Sometimes I think we make things too complicated even to the point of using scripture to justify our own dark hearts.
Not complicated.
One must go to scripture to justify and verify what God wants and not simply what you think. If it's about what you think God wants, then what anyone thinks is fine. Why even consult the scripture to see what God desires?
View attachment 221075
Jesus’ command to us is simple, love God and love people.
Those two are definitely in there. But ,there's more in there that Jesus requires. And because its more does not make it complicated. " If you love me you will keep my commandments." More than two are required .
I suppose it’s much the same when one truly accepts God’s forgiveness and grace.
How does the Bible teach one " truly accepts " God's forgiveness and grace? Please give the texts.

vantexan

That is an excellent question. Maybe it is one last opportunity for you to experience just how unworthy you are.

I suggest you throw yourself at the mercy of the court, fully own your dark, evil selfishness, and accept the grace and mercy that is offered.

:)
Likewise oh brother, please beg for mercy for being so good a steward of the few that you caused great pain to the many. See what I did there? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.