Republicare

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
At least they are honest about it . Unlike ObamaCare where not one ( D ) read it before voting for it .
You'll recall that famous quote from Granma P " we have to pass it , to find out what's in it ".
Translation, they're doing the exact same thing, but it's your party so it's okay.

Last edited:

BrownArmy

Translation, they're doing the exact same thing, but it's you're party so it's okay.

To be fair, the Republicans aren't doing the same thing, they're actually doing what they falsely accused the Democrats of doing.

The ACA had eighteen months of negotiation, and at the time, Paul Ryan said it hadn't faced enough scrutiny.

So he turns around and does...this monstrosity?

It's all speculation at this point anyway, no need for anyone to bunch their panties up.

(Edited thanks to UpState)

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To be fair, the Republicans aren't doing the sane thing, they're actually doing what they falsely accused the Democrats of doing.

The ACA had eighteen months of negotiation, and at the time, Paul Ryan said it hadn't faced enough scrutiny.

It's all speculation at this point anyway, no need for anyone to bunch their panties up.

Freudian slip?

Sportello

To be fair, the Republicans aren't doing the sane thing, they're actually doing what they falsely accused the Democrats of doing.

Yep. No way the Senate passes this, and no way the House passes a Senate bill. Government dysfunction at it's finest. Republicans forgot how to govern.

It will be fine

Yep. No way the Senate passes this, and no way the House passes a Senate bill. Government dysfunction at it's finest. Republicans forgot how to govern.
For a man with the head of a turtle, Mitch is actually a very competent legislator. I'm afraid he'll pass something through the senate and the house will have to sign off regardless of what it is, if nothing else but for the "win."

Sportello

For a man with the head of a turtle, Mitch is actually a very competent legislator. I'm afraid he'll pass something through the senate and the house will have to sign off regardless of what it is, if nothing else but for the "win."
Only if they change the rules in the Senate.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
You've gotta give this guy a little credit, at least he admits that he's a completely incompetent maroon.

GOP Congressman Admits He Didn't Even Read The Monstrous Health Care Bill He Just Voted For

“I will fully admit, Wolf, I did not [read the bill],” an amazingly straight-faced Collins blurted, when pressed by Blitzer on whether he’d done the most basic due diligence his job requires. Instead, Collins explained, “I can assure you, my staff did.”

It seems, however, that Collins’ staff probably could have done a better job telling their boss what he was actually voting for. In an interview with his district’s Buffalo News paper, a reporter pointed out to Collins that under the legislation he’d approved, New York stood to lose $3 billion in federal funding providing aid to hundreds of thousands of people.

“Explain that to me,” Collins insisted. And, once the reporter pointed out that New York was one of two states participating in Obamacare’s optional Essential Health Plan—a low cost insurance option for some who are unable to qualify for Medicaid—Collins answered that he didn’t even know the program’s funding was at risk.
My congressman is Chris Collins who is modestly proud of the fact he didn't read the bill. I called his office and suggested the staffer who did read it should replace Chris as he/she would be the one who knew what was going down. I suggested that maybe the next edition of drumpfCare will come with pictures...Like their President, most Republicans are far too busy being stupid to read anything unless it's a book by Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly. They just don't seem to be interested in facts and detail. Maybe that's why they don't like science or people.

ImWaitingForTheDay

c_lxggbwsaa_tet.jpg

I'm sure when ryan saw the shirt he read it as:
"repeal and golf" then american flag.

Nope, i take that back, he read it as "alpha male" bravado, the benchmark of drumpf and the gopigs party.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My congressman is Chris Collins who is modestly proud of the fact he didn't read the bill. I called his office and suggested the staffer who did read it should replace Chris as he/she would be the one who knew what was going down. I suggested that maybe the next edition of drumpfCare will come with pictures...Like their President, most Republicans are far too busy being stupid to read anything unless it's a book by Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly. They just don't seem to be interested in facts and detail. Maybe that's why they don't like science or people.
Thanks for that Baba!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't think Olebummer or any of the Democrats ever read the ACA.
It's rare any Congressman/Senator ever reads any bill.
Probably wouldn't understand it if they did.

ImWaitingForTheDay

I don't think Olebummer or any of the Democrats ever read the ACA.
It's rare any Congressman/Senator ever reads any bill.
Probably wouldn't understand it if they did.
Except that it took 14 months and debate in the house and senate before it was enacted. Not so much with this bullcrap bill not even waiting on a score from the CBO ..Talk about shoving something down America's throat..But they voted to keep Obamacare for themselves......This is all about a tax cut.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Except that it took 14 months and debate in the house and senate before it was enacted. Not so much with this bullcrap bill not even waiting on a score from the CBO ..Talk about shoving something down America's throat..But they voted to keep Obamacare for themselves......This is all about a tax cut.
So, you agree with me?

BrownArmy

So, you agree with me?

No.

This new bill is just a transfer of money from the poor to the rich.

Sorry, say whatever you want.

It won't make it past the Senate, nevertheless, the bill from the House is literally designed to take monies from the poor (cuts to Medicaid, etc.), and cut taxes for the rich.

There is no other way to explain it.

Monies that went to the poor will get cut, which will be paid for by tax cuts for the rich.

That's the deal.