Retirement Getting Closer

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know what a buddy is getting after 30 years with ABF, and I know our contributions have been higher than theirs for decades. I'm sure it's pretty :censored2:ing good.
Ask any coke or Pepsi driver what they get put into their pension… it’s a joke compared to us western teamsters…we have many off the street feeders who came over just to pad their pensions for a few years before they bail into retirement.

Ask any coke or Pepsi driver what they get put into their pension… it’s a joke compared to us western teamsters…we have many off the street feeders who came over just to pad their pensions for a few years before they bail into retirement.
I'd give up my raise for an entire contract if they'd put it all toward pension contributions.

I'd give up my raise for an entire contract if they'd put it all toward pension contributions.
Yes that sounds good but
Many other locals have done that over the years and their pension plans are so underfunded

Take all your raises and put that money away. Doesn't matter if it's a 401k or an IRA or just a general savings account
That money will always be yours
There are no guarantees with pensions

Yes that sounds good but
Many other locals have done that over the years and their pension plans are so underfunded

Take all your raises and put that money away. Doesn't matter if it's a 401k or an IRA or just a general savings account
That money will always be yours
There are no guarantees with pensions
I suppose I wasn't being literal or specific in that statement, but more to the same point, saving for retirement rather than upgrading my lifestyle.

I suppose I wasn't being literal or specific in that statement, but more to the same point, saving for retirement rather than upgrading my lifestyle.
You are doing with both my friend
We work hard you got to enjoy life but also none of us wants to do this stuff forever so we have to put a little extra away so we can walk away from this place and not work here forever

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You know how many bmw’s, land rovers, 70-80k trucks we have in the parking lot… some drivers are living high in the hog. My suv is damn near20 years old with 230k miles on it…going to run that bitch into the ground