Retirement Getting Closer

You would be surprised though about the pension… the old timers got pennies on the dollar compared to what we get now… it’s night and day. Maybe that’s why they feel like they have to work here so long, to make it up in their pension..
True but

If you're still working here and been here over 50 years you pension has to be worth a couple of bucks.
Then adding social security and whatever you had saved in your 401K You shouldn't have to work after 50 years here

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
That's why I never went into feeders
To tell the truth, I'm more worried about the idiots around me , there's only so much control I can have of that rig , and when someone else slams into you or jams brakes on in front of you , it won't end well. Then explaining to the Empire how it all happened , we are paid to do the job which includes thinking for everyone else out there ,,

To tell the truth, I'm more worried about the idiots around me , there's only so much control I can have of that rig , and when someone else slams into you or jams brakes on in front of you , it won't end well. Then explaining to the Empire how it all happened , we are paid to do the job which includes thinking for everyone else out there ,,
People think nothing about cutting you off and then hitting the brakes

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You would be surprised though about the pension… the old timers got pennies on the dollar compared to what we get now… it’s night and day. Maybe that’s why they feel like they have to work here so long, to make it up in their pension..
Thy money perish with thee, -Acts 8:20

Coldworld

True but

If you're still working here and been here over 50 years you pension has to be worth a couple of bucks.
Then adding social security and whatever you had saved in your 401K You shouldn't have to work after 50 years here
FOMO… fear of missing out.. feeling runs strong eith some of these old timers

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
People think nothing about cutting you off and then hitting the brakes
The worst is accident or police stop ahead. You try to move over and mr a hole behind you speeds up and won't let you in , I've actually been halfway into a lane and they keep coming. Must only be a Massachusetts thing

Coldworld

I’m not going to put a set into the ditch or swerve into another lane and take out a minivan full of kids if you cut me off or slam on your brakes in front of me… I’m going to give you a love tap and it’s not going to feel good.

I know what a buddy is getting after 30 years with ABF, and I know our contributions have been higher than theirs for decades. I'm sure it's pretty :censored2:ing good.