Running scratch

22.4 driver

What’s with so many of these drivers on these forums all about running scratch ?! I get it if you do a route everyday and you’re so used to it that you run scratch all the time . But for others I don’t get it . Doesn’t your local tell you not to be a runner ?!

Poop Head

Judge me.
What’s with so many of these drivers on these forums all about running scratch ?! I get it if you do a route everyday and you’re so used to it that you run scratch all the time . But for others I don’t get it . Doesn’t your local tell you not to be a runner ?!
Honestly, the level of pride i see our guys take in their work makes me sick to my stomach.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Honestly, the level of pride i see our guys take in their work makes me sick to my stomach.
You should have pride in your job though. Do a good job and you’ll feel good about it. Yet, do it using the methods. Don’t kill yourself doing it. I wouldn’t work here if I didn’t like what I do. A lot of younger aged/new drivers are pricks to customers especially in businesses. I had package go to a salon on Thursday and it was just one box but it was 50-60 pounds of product. I carried it in and I asked this fine looking work of art of a woman running reception if she would like it back in their stock room. She said yes please so I took a couple of extra steps and put it in their for her because she looked like she barely be able to lift it off the ground if I set it down. She thanked me so much for doing it saying another young guy who had delivered there drops it at their desk and she asks if he could put it in the back room and he replied with “that’s not my job” and walks out. The fact she thanked me for going a pin hair of effort out of my way and thanked me for it made me feel good about myself. That’s what I take pride in is doing just a little bit of extra just for the better of a whole situation.

Seymour Packages

"Deliver like you would want packages delivered to you." That's what an old timer told me. It's a shame to see guys coming up in the last 5 years with me that release packges exposed to the elements, small packages at the garage, or just be all around lazy POS's on route. This isn't a hard job. At all. We are paid very well by the hour. Follow the methods and use common sense. Let management worry about thier numbers. If its too much work, they will send help or you'll bring it back until they get the point.

Fido

If we don't have any more accidents this year the only thing is 12 years to hit our dart frequency
I always find it confusing because our regional manager comes to our centers down here (we have 3) and lectures all three of our centers about crashes every time a crash happens in the region. Really don’t understand it.

I always find it confusing because our regional manager comes to our centers down here (we have 3) and lectures all three of our centers about crashes every time a crash happens in the region. Really don’t understand it.
I don't know if I have ever seen a Regional manager before. Or even a District manager since the consolidation. Division managers are almost like PT sups. Here today and gone tomorrow.

Service is all we have to offer. Our competitors can deliver packages, often times at a lower rate. The only thing we have to separate ourselves is service. I get beat by at least 60 clicks a day, often times far more, but my customers think we are the best thing since sliced bread because they are served well. Worst part is that the company says guys like me "overserve" them and steal time. Lol.

DriverNerd

Service is all we have to offer. Our competitors can deliver packages, often times at a lower rate. The only thing we have to separate ourselves is service. I get beat by at least 60 clicks a day, often times far more, but my customers think we are the best thing since sliced bread because they are served well. Worst part is that the company says guys like me "overserve" them and steal time. Lol.

I think of my over-allowed as the customer service part of the job. I don't feel like being an :censored2: to the people responsible for my paycheck.

22.4 driver

You should have pride in your job though. Do a good job and you’ll feel good about it. Yet, do it using the methods. Don’t kill yourself doing it. I wouldn’t work here if I didn’t like what I do. A lot of younger aged/new drivers are pricks to customers especially in businesses. I had package go to a salon on Thursday and it was just one box but it was 50-60 pounds of product. I carried it in and I asked this fine looking work of art of a woman running reception if she would like it back in their stock room. She said yes please so I took a couple of extra steps and put it in their for her because she looked like she barely be able to lift it off the ground if I set it down. She thanked me so much for doing it saying another young guy who had delivered there drops it at their desk and she asks if he could put it in the back room and he replied with “that’s not my job” and walks out. The fact she thanked me for going a pin hair of effort out of my way and thanked me for it made me feel good about myself. That’s what I take pride in is doing just a little bit of extra just for the better of a whole situation.
Well yea Ofcourse you actually have to be working but doing so safely . All these people who brag about how they did 300+ stops are jumping out the car and going 40mph in a 15 while quite literally running . Like they’re still trainees tryna impress management . They just kiss assses !

22.4 driver

"Deliver like you would want packages delivered to you." That's what an old timer told me. It's a shame to see guys coming up in the last 5 years with me that release packges exposed to the elements, small packages at the garage, or just be all around lazy POS's on route. This isn't a hard job. At all. We are paid very well by the hour. Follow the methods and use common sense. Let management worry about thier numbers. If its too much work, they will send help or you'll bring it back until they get the point.

FACTS

Fido

Well yea Ofcourse you actually have to be working but doing so safely . All these people who brag about how they did 300+ stops are jumping out the car and going 40mph in a 15 while quite literally running . Like they’re still trainees tryna impress management . They just kiss assses !
Why do you care? Do your route at your pace and let management deal with it and the runners.