Saturday after Thanksgiving

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

it's not about the stops, it's about the preloads ability to process the work

if the preload goes past their peak capacity, it rolls, that's all there is to it

inside ops is pure math you can't just "get it done" when you're 25-30k over your processing capacity and 20-30 vehicles over your load capacity.......

Why are you guys so off on your projections. My district manager said you guys weren't even close!! Good Lord!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

i wrote my 8-ball up in my DVIR but the mechanic said it was fine

I'm curious.. if ie thought that peak projections were low balled would corporate basically say screw it, minus a 2013 public image nightmare, and say well at least will hit our numbers for investors! No bull:censored2: serious question!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You said you guys go by trends to get your projections correct?
yep, projections are pure averages: recent weeks for "normal" times, some combo of last year(s) and recent for holidays and peak

corporate and region do their own goofy projections that try to be more clever than that, but it is rare for those to be better

sometimes you just can't predict what customers will do, or the impact of advanced cold-work, and then you just guess and hope

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

yep, projections are pure averages: recent weeks for "normal" times, some combo of last year(s) and recent for holidays and peak

corporate and region do their own goofy projections that try to be more clever than that, but it is rare for those to be better

sometimes you just can't predict what customers will do, or the impact of advanced cold-work, and then you just guess and hope

Dude.... that's just an impossible task. If that's true should we start, key word start, I know we do some towards the end of peak, saying no to too much volume?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Dude.... that's just an impossible task. If that's true should we start, key word start, I know we do some towards the end of peak, saying no to too much volume?
i don't think anyone wants to not be clean by Christmas again

regardless of the other gimmicks we are trying this year, i'm sure corporate will turn off the amazon faucet when and if they need it

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
i don't think anyone wants to not be clean by Christmas again

regardless of the other gimmicks we are trying this year, i'm sure corporate will turn off the amazon faucet when and if they need it
Lies. Amazon volume increases every year the closer to we get Jesus birthday.

JL 0513

I'd rather do a given amount of volume in 6 days than 5 assuming we're going to work with the same amount of people regardless. The total volume will be what it will be.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I'd rather do a given amount of volume in 6 days than 5 assuming we're going to work with the same amount of people regardless. The total volume will be what it will be.
next year will be more interesting

feeder schedules are going to start to change a lot, we will slowly start to see more of a balance between our 6 operating days

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

the tl;dr is shifting volume from weds/tues to sat/mon to try and make a week where your delivery volume (and thus staffing) is flat every day

obviously that's just a dream, it won't be that flat, but it's the direction we are taking

Translation??

Notcool

What about Mondays forced when Im a Tuesday threw Saturday driver? Was sent a message yesturday that due to volume I have to work Monday. Thats crap... one day off Sunday isnt enough