Saturday after Thanksgiving

vvv

Forced Saturdays? Haha that’s rich...every Saturday last peak was “mandatory” and I didn’t call in sick or show up for any of them...not a word was ever said...screw these cowards

Sadly, just guys like Upstate thing it is mandatory.

If someone wants to go make some extra money that's cool, I have nothing against it or any control. But as you said don't be such a damn coward and puppet and jump thru rings for this company. What a bunch of fools.
This is the 1st Christmas Eve where I won't have to actually call in in quite some time with it falling on a Sunday.

Ms.PacMan

completely wrong, most buildings have monday's planned around a 9 hour day right now, to get the pickups in and protect the network

if you didn't run so much work on sat, you'd be working up to a 14 hour DOT, the network would stall, and the rest of peak would be a giant catch-up

So you're pointing out that the old way of running UPS was better - when we had enough centers, trucks, and employees to successfully handle peak volume M-friend.

brownIEman

So you're pointing out that the old way of running UPS was better - when we had enough centers, trucks, and employees to successfully handle peak volume M-friend.

That UPS is a unicorn. Never existed. We've always hired seasonals and rented extra trucks and installed MDU's during peak. And even then occasionally ran weekends during peak when needed.
One impact of e-commerce is that the spike during peak, the difference between peak season volume and volume levels the rest of the year is larger than it's ever been.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
3rd year in a row working Saturday easy day for everyone all drivers in by 6pm, only thing that does not go out is business. We only use 60% of the drivers, force from the bottom ask from the top never had an issue. It has made the Monday a lot easier. All routes in on Monday. Working Saturdays after thanksgiving is the norm now.

3rd year in a row working Saturday easy day for everyone all drivers in by 6pm, only thing that does not go out is business. We only use 60% of the drivers, force from the bottom ask from the top never had an issue. It has made the Monday a lot easier. All routes in on Monday. Working Saturdays after thanksgiving is the norm now.
I'll keep my Saturdays off. You can have fun and enjoy them. UPS worries too much about the shareholders and not upgrading our "on time network"

We were told couple weeks ago that we were not working. Mondays pcm was told to report Saturday lol at 9 off road by 2 unless you want your 8. Heard a few guys say their not calling in or showing up, we’re just opening up Pandora’s box for Ups the rest of peak if we all show up.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
We were told couple weeks ago that we were not working. Mondays pcm was told to report Saturday lol at 9 off road by 2 unless you want your 8. Heard a few guys say their not calling in or showing up, we’re just opening up Pandora’s box for Ups the rest of peak if we all show up.
we've known all year that we were going to work every Saturday during peak

never going back from it now

Rack em

Made the Podium
we've known all year that we were going to work every Saturday during peak

never going back from it now
When I run out of hours on Friday I won't be able to work Saturday. And if they make me come in as a "helper", then I will gladly get paid overtime all day to walk very slowly to houses.

bumped

I commend you if you are honest with your employees. Here we get told in the PCM that everyone needs to show up to work as we are running every available route. The next day, one person was called to ask if they wanted the day off. The day after that a different person was called asking if they wanted off. We were told this past Thursday at PCM that we ran every route possible. Fridays PCM was that we ran 3 more routes than the day before. How can we run more routes than we ran with every put in? We just feel lied to on a regular basis.

Regarding Saturdays, we don't have to work a 6th or 7th day. Saturdays is not happening for me.