Saturday Ground Update

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
yah they cared so much they stopped doing business with us and we went from an 80% market share to 50% and falling

but hey those are just numbers that don't mean anything, right?

641.jpg
You forgot to mention the market is twice as big and we would have more if not for stupid management decisions along the way. When are these "millions " in savings going to show up on the balance sheet?

tourists24

yah they cared so much they stopped doing business with us and we went from an 80% market share to 50% and falling

but hey those are just numbers that don't mean anything, right?

641.jpg
all could've been avoided if it weren't for Last Best and Final offer.
The public saw how smug UPS was.

Yeah..... poor UPS.... put em in the poor house.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You forgot to mention the market is twice as big and we would have more if not for stupid management decisions along the way. When are these "millions " in savings going to show up on the balance sheet?

yah dude that's the point, businesses aren't choosing us because we charge high prices and deliver bad service on the driver end, why would new businesses sign onto our stuff when they look at us and see the threat of strikes

all could've been avoided if it weren't for Last Best and Final offer.
The public saw how smug UPS was.

Yeah..... poor UPS.... put em in the poor house.

other than UPSers, nobody i know even knows we had a strike 20 years ago, so nobody is remembering how UPS acted then except the people that don't matter (you)

upschuck

yah dude that's the point, businesses aren't choosing us because we charge high prices and deliver bad service on the driver end, why would new businesses sign onto our stuff when they look at us and see the threat of strikes

other than UPSers, nobody i know even knows we had a strike 20 years ago, so nobody is remembering how UPS acted then except the people that don't matter (you)
Nice way to play both sides of the coin.

You are your signature "exceptionally clueless".

tourists24

doesn't matter if they remember it or not. The same smug attitude will yield the same results. If anyone doesn't matter it's you. I have a route and I do my part with the public. And you'll be spouting numbers

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Even if we voted no on the company's last best offer(national) what's stopping the union and company from passing it like they did with some of the local supplements in the last contract?

Anthonysg0113

Worked at a supermarket while in high school for minimum wage.

Worked at a Christmas bulb factory during the summers while in college for minimum wage.

2 years in college.

8 years on active duty in the Air Force.

Just started my 28th year at UPS.

We are overpaid for what we do.
I know I earn every penny I make! When I'm delivering 70+ pkgs to a detergent company and here comes the FedEx ground guy bringing in three!! Hell yes I earn my money!!

StoptheAct1212

My main question, and sorry. It may have ben answered already.....

We sacrifice our weekly social and family life, getting home, 730, 8 or even 9 every night. And for some people later....
Now being stuck working saturdays, kills more family time. I dont care how much money we make, when is it enogh. And is anyone in the same boat, with no family time

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
My main question, and sorry. It may have ben answered already.....

We sacrifice our weekly social and family life, getting home, 730, 8 or even 9 every night. And for some people later....
Now being stuck working saturdays, kills more family time. I dont care how much money we make, when is it enogh. And is anyone in the same boat, with no family time

what do you expect when your contract incentivizes working long hours