Saturday Ground Update

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
They also see how hard we work and how late we stay out.
They see us rained on and see us delivering a book in 5 inches of snow.
They see us drenched in sweat and most have seen hundreds of boxes as we open our doors.

Keep thinking the public won't have sympathy !!
If we ever threatened strike, IT ISN'T BECAUSE OF PAY.
It'll be about being treated like a human, not a robot.
for every million times they see a hard-working driver it's instantly wiped away by one YouTube video of someone throwing a package

have you looked at reviews on social media sites of our service lately it's not good

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
That wouldn't have anything to do with the increased SPC's, would it?
i'm sure that's a piece of the pie, but the :censored2: you attitude of most drivers probably doesn't help either

actually I think the biggest help will come from automation and the reduction of damages that it will bring; The fewer human hands touch the package the better off the customer is

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I love it when I pick up a package from the UPS Store which the customer has taken their time to properly pack and then write "Fragile" on all six sides as I know that the kids in the hub will see that and proceed to beat the :censored2: out of it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
for every million times they see a hard-working driver it's instantly wiped away by one YouTube video of someone throwing a package

have you looked at reviews on social media sites of our service lately it's not good
Most of the time, it ends up being a seasonal or helper that is caught in the act.
i'm sure that's a piece of the pie, but the :censored2: you attitude of most drivers probably doesn't help either

actually I think the biggest help will come from automation and the reduction of damages that it will bring; The fewer human hands touch the package the better off the customer is

What shocks me is that you (management) still think that looking at a computer reflects how a human can do a route.
You've been kool-aided by IE and Atlanta in thinking that Orion was/is the right way. It's a failure !!

BTW, you want to decrease damages ???
Stop letting customers ship 150lb refrigerator boxes through the system.
Also, the hub train is outdated and causes more damage from one person tossing oversized boxes on the corners.

Over 70

I don't put a ton of stock into those reviews. You don't hear about the 5 zillion satisfied customers.

It's like going on any car forum. They're all pieces of junk because anyone with problems flocks there.

Not to mention there's a decent portion of the population that are just miserable bastards that find a reason to complain about anything not their way when they want it.

It's like watching the news, people aren't that different we are just much more aware of it in all corners of the earth.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
....but the general public would never see that.....they would drive by our picket lines and their first thought would be that we were on strike for economic reasons...
I'm not saying we should strike, but the news would be all over it. I guarantee they would spin it (hard worker vs evil corporate), they always do.
You make $36/hr for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license and you want sympathy because "you work too hard"? Boo the :censored2: hoo.
You are the only person I've ever met that thinks this way.
People have come up to me in my career and tell me their so-and-so cousin,brother,nephew worked their once, "that place is hard work".
I've never been told I don't deserve what I'm paid, BTW, we made this much in raises because UPS wanted to pass contracts that had Telematics and 3-4 year progressions. In a perfect world, we'd have a tighter contract and small wage increases that reflected our economy.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Most of the time, it ends up being a seasonal or helper that is caught in the act.

What shocks me is that you (management) still think that looking at a computer reflects how a human can do a route.
You've been kool-aided by IE and Atlanta in thinking that Orion was/is the right way. It's a failure !!

BTW, you want to decrease damages ???
Stop letting customers ship 150lb refrigerator boxes through the system.
Also, the hub train is outdated and causes more damage from one person tossing oversized boxes on the corners.

1. they don't want or care to know the difference between a seasonal or a driver; it's all brown to them

2. ORION has saved hundreds of millions so just because it makes you take a couple left turns doesn't mean it's not a macro-level success :lol:

3. the crush of packages down a belt hurts, and preloader a chucking things into package cars hurts more

I don't put a ton of stock into those reviews. You don't hear about the 5 zillion satisfied customers.

It's like going on any car forum. They're all pieces of junk because anyone with problems flocks there.

Not to mention there's a decent portion of the population that are just miserable bastards that find a reason to complain about anything not their way when they want it.

It's like watching the news, people aren't that different we are just much more aware of it in all corners of the earth.

yah i dunno if you've noticed but the squeaky wheel gets the grease who cares if they're a minority

I'm not saying we should strike, but the news would be all over it. I guarantee they would spin it (hard worker vs evil corporate), they always do.

You are the only person I've ever met that thinks this way.
People have come up to me in my career and tell me their so-and-so cousin,brother,nephew worked their once, "that place is hard work".
I've never been told I don't deserve what I'm paid, BTW, we made this much in raises because UPS wanted to pass contracts that had Telematics and 3-4 year progressions. In a perfect world, we'd have a tighter contract and small wage increases that reflected our economy.
Just some friendly advice- find a brick wall and bang your head against it. It will yield better results than debating The Great UpstateNYUPSer. Aren't you going to miss him when he leaves? Lol.

tourists24

1. they don't want or care to know the difference between a seasonal or a driver; it's all brown to them

2. ORION has saved hundreds of millions so just because it makes you take a couple left turns doesn't mean it's not a macro-level success :lol:

3. the crush of packages down a belt hurts, and preloader a chucking things into package cars hurts more

yah i dunno if you've noticed but the squeaky wheel gets the grease who cares if they're a minority
Your attitude is exactly the same as UPS had during our last strike. You keep it up. The public sided with the union workers big time then and will again.

tourists24

Uh....no.

This is not 1997.
It doesn't have to be. The attitude is the same and the striking issue won't be about pay. The guys wearing the brown are the face of UPS and have a relationship with the customer. There are bad apples sure but for the most part our customers get along with us

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Your attitude is exactly the same as UPS had during our last strike. You keep it up. The public sided with the union workers big time then and will again.
i'll just quit and work for amazon if you strike, or just put my browns on and buy stock at basement prices to hope for a good amazon buyout lmao

also you're dreaming if you think public opinion on unions hasn't changed dramatically downward in the last 20 years

tourists24

i'll just quit and work for amazon if you strike, or just put my browns on and buy stock at basement prices to hope for a good amazon buyout lmao

also you're dreaming if you think public opinion on unions hasn't changed dramatically downward in the last 20 years
yep.... as long as Tears is taken care of that's what matters. Nope,,, I'm not dreaming at all. When it comes to working families it didn't matter then nor will it again. The dramatic change is all in your head because you say so.The last strike wasn't about union or non union, it was about blue collar hard working men and women with families, and the public sided with us.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
yep.... as long as Tears is taken care of that's what matters. Nope,,, I'm not dreaming at all. When it comes to working families it didn't matter then nor will it again. The dramatic change is all in your head because you say so.The last strike wasn't about union or non union, it was about blue collar hard working men and women with families, and the public sided with us.

yah they cared so much they stopped doing business with us and we went from an 80% market share to 50% and falling

but hey those are just numbers that don't mean anything, right?

641.jpg