Saturday Ground Update

km3

Just like the squeaky clean public perception of UPS. People always say wow that's great, what a fantastic company to work for! Maybe if you're at the top of the food chain but many have to walk through hell to get there.

Even at the top you don't necessrily find alot of happy people, just the few with the right attitudes. Obviously I'm not in the BOG.

To date, the number of people who worked here PT with me and decided to go driving who actually stuck with it are vastly outnumbered by those who either self-DQ'd and came back inside, or qualified only to quit months later.

Driving isn't a desirable position around here anymore. It's approaching the point where if you can pass integrad and you can breathe, you're in.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If the next contract has the same or similar wage increases, we will be at or near $40/hr to do a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license. There will be zero sympathy if we decide to go on strike.

They also see how hard we work and how late we stay out.
They see us rained on and see us delivering a book in 5 inches of snow.
They see us drenched in sweat and most have seen hundreds of boxes as we open our doors.

Keep thinking the public won't have sympathy !!
If we ever threatened strike, IT ISN'T BECAUSE OF PAY.
It'll be about being treated like a human, not a robot.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They see us drenched in sweat and most have seen hundreds of boxes as we open our doors.

That's the key.

The union could get us sympathy with proper PR.

And the public never see the sweat shops of the Hub jobs for $10/hr and no benefits. And these minimum wage jobs are the majority of UPS employees. Or realizing that the younger drivers come no where close to $35/hr for 4 years. Yeah a lot of UPS FT Union employees make very good money and earn every penny but they are starting to be the minority.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Having never driven for UPS, I'm not qualified to make that judgment. But for everyone like you that claims that you're overpaid, there's usually someone claiming that they earn every penny. Even @FrigidFTSup has stated in the past that he believes most drivers earn every penny.

We don't get paid enough!!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Hell yeah!!

browntroll

so for now they havent stuck the official "mon-friday" or "tue-sat" on part timers yet but they made
more of a volunteer list for saturday at my hub. they are hiring new ppl but our hub is overstaffed so
new hires get sent home. not sure how this begins to make sense? i understand they are prepping for
summer vacations just seems too early.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

....but the general public would never see that.....they would drive by our picket lines and their first thought would be that we were on strike for economic reasons...

That's the key.

The union could get us sympathy with proper PR.

You make $36/hr for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license and you want sympathy because "you work too hard"? Boo the :censored2: hoo.