Saudi Arabia not renewing Petrodollar agreement…..

Thebrownblob

Even with fixed mortgage your utilities, insurance, taxes, maintenance over time will exceed your payment. This will force people back to work or liquidating assets to maintain.
At the end of the day, not that big a deal, the house gave me what it was intended for, raised my family here. You can’t put a price on that.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What part of half the country are wage slaves and can't afford a house do you not understand?
I understand "wage slave" is a very stupid term popular among radical left wing and often young ignorant never has beens.

I'm not sure why you think it's relevant at all.

vantexan

Because you said it was one thing and then when I asked you about that one thing you changed your reason to another thing.
I know it's difficult to comprehend but it's the totality of home ownership. I also talked about the constant expenses that crop up. Next time instead of assuming you can grasp the idea I'll go a lot slower.

P.S. If you can afford a home great. Many positives too. I'm strictly talking about being working poor. Pretty difficult these days.

vantexan

A wage is what someone is paid.
A slave is someone who isn't paid.

It's a stupid term that means nothing.
If you only get paid enough to exist you're essentially a slave to that job. Doesn't have anything to do with human ownership. Words can have different meanings and connotations. Expressions can be coined to be descriptive. Why can't you figure these things out?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I know it's difficult to comprehend but it's the totality of home ownership.
Of the two of us, I'm the one who is actually a homeowner. So I'm the one who comprehends it's "totality".
I also talked about the constant expenses that crop up. Next time instead of assuming you can grasp the idea I'll go a lot slower.
And I explained to you that most people who own homes understand that AC units and roofs do not last forever.

These expenses should not "crop up" to responsible people. They should be expected and budgeted for long in advance.

vantexan

Of the two of us, I'm the one who is actually a homeowner. So I'm the one who comprehends it's "totality".

And I explained to you that most people who own homes understand that AC units and roofs do not last forever.

These expenses should not "crop up" to responsible people. They should be expected and budgeted for long in advance.
And again, if a person can barely pay their mortgage, go into retirement with not much more than their SS, how do they maintain all of that, pay their taxes, etc. Because of high ownership costs a lot of people will always be renters.

vantexan

No you're not.
You're a free person who has an infinite number of options. A slave has zero options.
Due to so many jobs being shipped overseas a lot of what's left doesn't pay squat. A lot of people come out of college with few options too. It's a description of the predicament a lot of people find themselves in. It doesn't mean they're actual slaves. The middle class has been greatly reduced. Doesn't mean you can't find a job at all, but expectations for a bright future need to be lowered for a lot of people.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Due to so many jobs being shipped overseas a lot of what's left doesn't pay squat. A lot of people come out of college with few options too. It's a description of the predicament a lot of people find themselves in. It doesn't mean they're actual slaves. The middle class has been greatly reduced. Doesn't mean you can't find a job at all, but expectations for a bright future need to be lowered for a lot of people.
Never has beens always have excuses.
Calling themselves slaves is ridiculous.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And again, if a person can barely pay their mortgage, go into retirement with not much more than their SS, how do they maintain all of that, pay their taxes, etc. Because of high ownership costs a lot of people will always be renters.
I covered that already:
You're asking me how people who can't pay their expenses should pay their expenses?

Make more money or lower their expenses.
Also, you know, be an adult and budget.

Oh gee my air conditioner needed to be replaced I had no way of knowing this expense would come up I thought they lasted forever. SMH.