Second Class Drivers

Fragile

What kind of Union actually introduces language for a lower paid Union position for a company that breaks profit records EVERY quarter,it is really hard to believe..

The kind that shows up early to negotiate a contract, demands nothing, and waits for best offers on things the company introduced to them in the first place.

Dr.Brownz

The company wants to work seven days a week. Most drivers that have been here a while, don’t want to work weekends. I don’t have an answer, but of course it’s a possibility. At least 22.3 pays into the pension. But it is kind of two tiered. Not by a ton, but lower none the less. How would you suggest staffing fornweekend work?

Make the week 8 days long and have two crews that work 4 days each. I would be fine with crazy OT if we only worked 4 days a week.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Make the week 8 days long and have two crews that work 4 days each. I would be fine with crazy OT if we only worked 4 days a week.
I was just talking about this with someone. Work police shifts. Two days on, two off, then three on, two off, two on three off. You’d get every other weekend off, plus a couple weekdays here and there.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I was just talking about this with someone. Work police shifts. Two days on, two off, then three on, two off, two on three off. You’d get every other weekend off, plus a couple weekdays here and there.
We've got some 4 10's runs that are Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday..... seems like garbage to me but they're bid way before they get down to me so I guess to each his own.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The IBT had floated an idea out there, about using 2 drivers on a straight truck

with a lift gate to run nothing but irregs and oversize pkgs.

A 22.3 combo job would make sense.

I would think, it's something to explore. Kind of a "mop up" position.

Keep all that crap off a normal pkg car.

I'm just thinking out loud. Don't bust my arse because of it.

-Bug-

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The IBT had floated an idea out there, about using 2 drivers on a straight truck

-Bug-
A position to be abused from day one.
At least give em' FT ground rate, a way for people to make it to the finish line.

-Bug-
We use PT air drivers. One man and a truck and pay them top rate. We have PT air drivers making $2k a week.

Chester

Fortunately, in this National negotiation session....

Everything is being recorded.

The days of "interpretation" on contract language are over.

Full-time ground rate for 2 drivers on a truck, would never fly.
Ladies and gentlemen Dennis Taylor has entered the building.

542thruNthru

-Bug-

They would abuse this to cut routes. I have 10-12 irregs everyday. That's just my route. My loop probably has almost as many per car.

Sorry BUG but I don't like it. If they don't want to pay driver rate for 2 people to del irregs that's fine I'll do it and do it safely(slowly). Just as you like to say. "friend you pay me!"

A

Article 3

Fortunately, in this National negotiation session....

Everything is being recorded.

The days of "interpretation" on contract language are over.
That is a huge win for us.

Why would a BA tell a steward that he no longer supports Hoffa as the strike vote is being taken? Don't you think that sends mixed signals to the local membership?

The steward told me a couple of days ago and I thought man, this BA is discouraging people from supporting the negotiating team and all of their efforts including the strike vote as it was being taken....and in his position in the state.

Amazing.