Should I become a on car supervisor

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Blowing smoke to get me to jump ? I know he does not decide. I made 75k last year and I live comfortable on that. If he is blowing smoke and it's south of that I'm walking
Not saying you are going to make a bunch less. That's a decent ball park. But don't expect the 95k you mentioned before. That's a pipe dream at best.

WorknLateHuh

Makes me wonder what the ratio is for FT drivers that are offered an on-road position as opposed to the drivers that accept their offer and make the jump...

Dr.Brownz

Wow, they won't even match his pay while in progression? I assumed they would start at least in the $65-75k range.

I don't see how you can disagree with my post. We have several transfers here and that is the case for all of them.

The only thing I would add is this may vary by region or local. \im in the west

PACNW

Haha. Doesn't hurt to dream. I will shoot high and see where it goes.

If you decide to do it, this is your one time to negotiate. They will use the ole' "total compensation" line on you, which is your salary plus benefits paid on your behalf. Don't be awed, focus on the salary. They will be willing to go up $500-$800 per month if you stay firm and play the game right. They will also tell you the MIP will make up for a lot of what they are shorting you, but that can be suspended at anytime, don't let them imply to you that it's part of your salary. Good luck.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You're not going to like the offer. Promise you that. I'm 24, that kind of money was big, and I had no aspirations of driving FT. Getting married in April and student loans to pay off. It made sense.

I get paid well. I'm content with it. But if you're going into management just for the money, run. Because it isn't there.
You do know this guy is spoofing?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Unless your an excellent trainer don't do it. You want to brown up everyday go ahead. U want me to cuss u out for too much work go ahead , you want to get home at 10 and work sat go ahead. You want everyone to scratch in your group with bogus time studies go ahead. You want to never move up in the company go ahead etc....

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I don't see how you can disagree with my post. We have several transfers here and that is the case for all of them.

The only thing I would add is this may vary by region or local. \im in the west

I disagreed because where I am there is no transferring once you are full-time. From what I've read on here it seems like the only place you can do that is on the West Coast.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Unless your an excellent trainer don't do it. You want to brown up everyday go ahead. U want me to cuss u out for too much work go ahead , you want to get home at 10 and work sat go ahead. You want everyone to scratch in your group with bogus time studies go ahead. You want to never move up in the company go ahead etc....
Nobody should be cussing anybody out. If you go to that level you've lost