Should I become a on car supervisor

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Very interesting. I had no clue they could just transfer you without you agreeing. Our older on car sup said he would relocate for the right offer. If not he would stay here. This is a big turnoff if they can just move you at will.

They stopped the transfer of supervisor's and manager's a long time ago here. They do not want to pay the moving costs. They will put you on a expense account quick though!

Dr.Brownz

I liked my time as a helper, but I don't wanna have to deal with all of the bull:censored2: that drivers put up with every day. There are other reasons why gaining FT employment with UPS is unappealing to me, like the hours, no transfers, etc., so my plan is to get my degree and get out. Maybe go PT sup at some point closer to the end (when I'm ready to quit) just to pad my resume.
You can transfer as a FT driver, you just loose building seniority which means you get the worst routes when you first transfer but you keep your vacation weeks

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Hello fellow upsers.

I have a few questions about becoming a on car supervisor. I'm a fairly new employee with about 5 years under my belt. 3 years as a tcd and 2 years as a ft driver. I was recently approached by our center manager and asked if I would be interested in being a on car supervisor. If I take the position I will be sent of to integrad from what I was told. What all does this evolve ? Is there any on car sups here that moved from being a ft driver and regret it now lol ?

I would love to move to this position but I do not want to regret it.
Let's see. You're underqualified, uninformed, and you have bad spelling and grammar. Yup, you're ready. Go get 'em!

jaker

trolling
Gotcha. I need to watch my spelling and work on my internet grammar.
Will you just go already , you proved you are good for the job so just go already

And don't try to make it about money , it's pretty clear you will go no matter how much they offer you especially will summer coming

BrownInTx

Will you just go already , you proved you are good for the job so just go already

And don't try to make it about money , it's pretty clear you will go no matter how much they offer you especially will summer coming

No. I have to perfect my grammar and spelling. And that is going to take awhile. Roast on.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Personally, I think it's a foolish move especially since you're not even at top rate.

Ultimately it comes down to whether you can sleep at night with some of the things they will ask you to do. Some guys will be easy to screw over because they deserve it. The majority are trying to do their jobs and go home like everyone else. If you have no issue being the pawn in a bigger game make the move...At least you have some experience doing the job.

BrownInTx

Personally, I think it's a foolish move especially since you're not even at top rate.

Ultimately it comes down to whether you can sleep at night with some of the things they will ask you to do. Some guys will be easy to screw over because they deserve it. The majority are trying to do their jobs and go home like everyone else. If you have no issue being the pawn in a bigger game make the move...At least you have some experience doing the job.

I've seen what some of the other guys rake in at top pay. It is a hard decision. If I go to the other side I know I will have no pension but less physical stress more mental stress. It is a guessing game to see if my neck and back will hold up to 25 more years driving

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If you use the methods it will help your body. The new package cars are also much easier on your knees. When I first started driving it was all manual transmission trucks and some had the really high step. 200 stops on those and you knew you worked that day.

Also, have you thought about all those days riding in the jump seat? :)

jaker

trolling
I've seen what some of the other guys rake in at top pay. It is a hard decision. If I go to the other side I know I will have no pension but less physical stress more mental stress. It is a guessing game to see if my neck and back will hold up to 25 more years driving
Why pkg for 25 years , you can go feeder

I did pkg for 13 years and still feel great and will finish my last 20 in feeder

Orion inc.

I like turtles
We had a 15 year driver who made the move. He lost 20% initially but more than made up for it in the long run.

You clearly do not have what it takes and should continue to use your back rather than your brain.

I couldn't care less whether you value my opinion or not. I am telling that based solely on what you have posted here you do not have what it takes to be an effective on car supervisor.

Pack a lunch, put your big boy pants on, come up here and I will show you the difference.

Says "the driver " who was turned down for ORS three separate times. I highly doubt you should be judging anyone on whether they have what it takes. You certainly didn't three separate times in the eyes of ups management.

I'm sure people would have a hard time keeping up with you on your route. I mean you cut out using the proper methods, cutting corners, forging signatures, and getting hit by cars while crossing the street, well how could anyone keep that pace??