Show up on time, Give it my all and what does UPS do???

StoptheAct1212

Dude is pissed off, and alot of you guys are just writing negative stupid comments. I am sorry but here is the real truth..
You are part time. And nether or less, a newbie.. .. your at the bottem of the barrel. And yes. You aint smile
Need to just hang in there, you can be the best worker ever... still goes by senority...
And at times, management does not explain things properly, and may treat someone wrong, but this is how ot rolls...
Just hang in there, and sorry that you had to cut family time short... we all have that issue

Last edited by a moderator:

watdaflock?

Hey :censored2:. I'm in my late 30's, but thanks for generalizing and I'm glad you guys don't stand for anything. Stand for something or die for nothing
It's a union thing. Majority around here have inflated ego's and ignorantly think driving a box van and delivering cardboard boxes is like brain surgery.

rickyb

....."We don't need you today. Go Home!!!!"

Hired as a Permanent Part Time Employee!!!!!! Left my family early yesterday to arrive to work on time (3am) and that's what I am greeted with this morning. Got sent home and reprimanded by a supervisor like it was my fault for showing up. :censored2: you UPS!!!!!!! I hope you go out of business!!!!
yep UPS and by extension capitalism is awful. they understand one thing only: profits. no respect for people. they should have to pay you for showing up, but its not even law where im from.

weve got the wrong economic system where workers have no say in their jobs and the rich get richer.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Some of you guys are being idiots for the sake of it. This guy isn't complaining about the job, but the "ups way" and I think that's a valid thing to be upset about.

Normally I would just laugh at this guy too but after seeing what they did to a couple dozen seasonal workers at my hub I completely get it now.

This has nothing to do with manning up or putting your big boy pants on, or working at Mcdonald's because he can't handle it here

Over 70

At the same time the way the guys are treating him on here is life. If a bunch of strangers on the Internet get you fired up, good luck.

refineryworker05

....."We don't need you today. Go Home!!!!"

Hired as a Permanent Part Time Employee!!!!!! Left my family early yesterday to arrive to work on time (3am) and that's what I am greeted with this morning. Got sent home and reprimanded by a supervisor like it was my fault for showing up. :censored2: you UPS!!!!!!! I hope you go out of business!!!!

I don't work for UPS, and I have never experienced what you are going through, but my younger sister had a similar experience with Ford as an autoworker.

Ford hired her and would lay her off before she could join the union and then rehire her.

This happened at least 4 times that I can recall.

I told her to friend Ford and thought they were treating her unfairly, but she liked the job a lot and she understood what she was signing up for even though she never liked being let go.

Anyway, she perservered and when Ford along with Chrysler and GM did their big hiring push after President Obama helped saved the auto industry, she was hired permanently.

And because she hung in there, she had seniority and was bumped up from tier II pay which topped out at like $19 I think, to tier I pay which tops out at $30.

I say this to say it worked out in the end for her, but it did suck in the beginning.

So you gotta understand the nature of the job but there is nothing wrong with venting imo.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for so many helpful replies everyone. Glad to see that the consensus is that I just need to suck it up and stop complaining. Funny, how it seems that I should expect a little from my employer like common courtesy of telling me that I am not gonna be needed the day after the holidays and that I was lied to about my employment. You somehow think that we should tolerate this treatment. Go ahead you can tolerate it all you want.....I have standards and refuse to tolerate this treatment. Happy New Year everyone. Enjoy your slave life at UPS

My slave life has provided for my family and I, put two children through college, walked one of them down the aisle, afforded me a comfortable lifestyle and has allowed me to put money away to ensure a secure retirement.

You, on the other hand, will become a fixture in the fast food industry.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
My slave life has provided for my family and I, put two children through college, walked one of them down the aisle, afforded me a comfortable lifestyle and has allowed me to put money away to ensure a secure retirement.

You, on the other hand, will become a fixture in the fast food industry.

A career at Mcdonald's probably isn't much more difficult than a career at ups. And the Prerequisites are shockingly similar

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Man, I learn so much from these 6 month or less crybabies.
I will have to rethink my 22 year career and if it was worth it.

14oNRqApSAY0pi.gif

Remmy87

It seems like UPS Employee's who are in with the company and come to post here deter people from wanting to join UPS at all with their negative comments. Everytime someone is hopeful as a seasonal employee on here there are like 5 of you guys being negative and telling them it's never going to happen. Not that the chance of them getting hired on or not is based on your words or anything. No reason to be a downer about it though. I know you guys are rough around the edges because of the kind of work you're put through but just think back and remember the time you were hopeful for a job with UPS. Now that you're in it doesn't give you the right to stomp on anyone who wants to be apart of something you now are.