Show up on time, Give it my all and what does UPS do???

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's a union thing. Majority around here have inflated ego's and ignorantly think driving a box van and delivering cardboard boxes is like brain surgery.
I don't. I just don't feel sorry for people who start working for this company, then come on here and read about how everyone gets lied to about being seasonal and later act shocked when it happens to them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It seems like UPS Employee's who are in with the company and come to post here deter people from wanting to join UPS at all with their negative comments. Everytime someone is hopeful as a seasonal employee on here there are like 5 of you guys being negative and telling them it's never going to happen. Not that the chance of them getting hired on or not is based on your words or anything. No reason to be a downer about it though. I know you guys are rough around the edges because of the kind of work you're put through but just think back and remember the time you were hopeful for a job with UPS. Now that you're in it doesn't give you the right to stomp on anyone who wants to be apart of something you now are.

So, what your saying is you'd rather have smoke blown up your ass Than hear the truth

Is this what you are trying to say. If so your in the wrong place

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It seems like UPS Employee's who are in with the company and come to post here deter people from wanting to join UPS at all with their negative comments. Everytime someone is hopeful as a seasonal employee on here there are like 5 of you guys being negative and telling them it's never going to happen. Not that the chance of them getting hired on or not is based on your words or anything. No reason to be a downer about it though. I know you guys are rough around the edges because of the kind of work you're put through but just think back and remember the time you were hopeful for a job with UPS. Now that you're in it doesn't give you the right to stomp on anyone who wants to be apart of something you now are.

It is not being negative, it's about reality.
90% of the SEASONAL people think they will be the ones that will be hired permanently.
In reality, they signed up for a position that will be eliminated.
The OP in this thread is bitching about being told to go home Tuesday, THAT'S BECAUSE IT WAS A LIGHT DAY.
I bet you he worked today where volume increased a ton. Regardless, he will be gone by mid-January.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The real problem is with management employees first and hourly employees second that problem is lack of integrity.

Low and middle level management lack understanding of, application of, and respect for corporate claims made in the Policy Book and Code of Business Conduct.

Hourly employees follow suit.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey :censored2:. I'm in my late 30's, but thanks for generalizing and I'm glad you guys don't stand for anything. Stand for something or die for nothing
Nothing to stand for, your just a seasonal to us. not trying to be mean, is what it is. we can't do anything if ups lied to you Or didn't want to keep you. sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. all we can do is speak from our expire cessation. I wasn't hired has a seasonal, and I was on call for two years. all I can tell you

Jkloc420

It's a union thing. Majority around here have inflated ego's and ignorantly think driving a box van and delivering cardboard boxes is like brain surgery.
it really isn't a union thing. it is more of a we don't know what he was told thing. all we have is what he says, we don't have the whole story. we still don't know, nor does he if he is seasonal or permanent. apparently he just shows up and works.

J

jibbs

all we can do is speak from our expire cessation.

I'm ashamed by how long it took me to figure out which word you were actually trying to use before your phone :censored2:ed you.

This thread makes me happy. It's nice to see people go through all the BS I went through when I first started, and see them get so worked up they're ready to quit over something that would get my day off to the right start for once, like leaving early.

And if they let me use a sick or option day to cover it?!? MANNNNN, some people just don't know when it's time to complain...

So you guys are getting rid of seasonals already? They're still going strong in my center (helpers too), and not a single one of them that I've spoken with know when their last day is going to be.

Jkloc420

I'm ashamed by how long it took me to figure out which word you were actually trying to use before your phone :censored2:ed you.

This thread makes me happy. It's nice to see people go through all the BS I went through when I first started, and see them get so worked up they're ready to quit over something that would get my day off to the right start for once, like leaving early.

And if they let me use a sick or option day to cover it?!? MANNNNN, some people just don't know when it's time to complain...

I decided to just leave the word

J

jibbs

lol, you're good, man. I know exactly what happened-- I just didn't at first, so I stared at 'expire cessation' like "I can read it, sure, but what does it MEAN though?!?!"

Remmy87

So, what your saying is you'd rather have smoke blown up your ass Than hear the truth

Is this what you are trying to say. If so your in the wrong place

Nope. I really wasn't saying that. See, if you actually come here and tell people your chances are slim in a good-natured manner then great. If you come here and deliberately troll and mock people with snide behavior then you shouldn't be posting at all. Those are the people I was talking about. I thought it would've been clear. It's the sarcastic stuck up people I have a problem with.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Nope. I really wasn't saying that. See, if you actually come here and tell people your chances are slim in a good-natured manner then great. If you come here and deliberately troll and mock people with snide behavior then you shouldn't be posting at all. Those are the people I was talking about. I thought it would've been clear. It's the sarcastic stuck up people I have a problem with.
I think I love you

J

jibbs

If you come here and deliberately troll and mock people with snide behavior then you shouldn't be posting at all.

Something you gotta learn to live with, really. The people on this board are one of the most useful resources I know of when it comes to job/union information, you just have to wade through some bull:censored2: sometimes before you stumble upon anything of value.

Think of it this way, though-- this site is not endorsed by UPS, run by UPS, or even officially affiliated with the company. It says so right when you pull up the front page: "UPS info for UPSers-- Not Sponsored by UPS"

That disclaimer should prepare you for all manner of :censored2: when a prospective hire (read: NOT a UPSer) comes here and asks us to do HR's job for them. Add in the insane frequency of repeat questions that have been answered over and over again, and eventually there's going to be someone that's just fed up with that :censored2: and wants to come here to blow off work-related steam-- not remind themselves of it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Something you gotta learn to live with, really. The people on this board are one of the most useful resources I know of when it comes to job/union information, you just have to wade through some bull:censored2: sometimes before you stumble upon anything of value.

Think of it this way, though-- this site is not endorsed by UPS, run by UPS, or even officially affiliated with the company. It says so right when you pull up the front page: "UPS info for UPSers-- Not Sponsored by UPS"

That disclaimer should prepare you for all manner of :censored2: when a prospective hire (read: NOT a UPSer) comes here and asks us to do HR's job for them. Add in the insane frequency of repeat questions that have been answered over and over again, and eventually there's going to be someone that's just fed up with that :censored2: and wants to come here to blow off work-related steam-- not remind themselves of it.

Intelligent post with beautiful sentence structure !!!!

SEE, we're not all A-holes

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well said!

Over 70

You are completely correct BUT they mine as well get used to how it really is at UPS if they want to make a career out of it!

I haven't encountered many good-natured, honest, caring people there...

You'll be trolled your entire career. Mine as well practice dealing with it out of the gate

Turdferguson

Just a turd

This is how this guy came onto Browncafe
Yup! I'm resurrecting an OLD thread as a New Member! HR did the same thing to my orientation class in November 2016. What a bunch of low life lying pieces of trash. UPS sucks. The company culture sucks. I'm kinda glad I will be let go at the end of December. Lying pieces of crap!!!! My life is so much more valuable than slaving away at this underpaid position!!!!! Screw this company and anyone that defends them or doesn't stand up for their rights. COWARDS!!!!
So even though he comes out guns blazing you feel we should be nice and helpful to him.
Whatever

jaker

trolling
As most people know, when you tell someone something nicely they either think you are stupid or they don't believe you

When you tell someone something mean they think you are stupid or don't believe you

So why be nice to the stranger complaining about the job you do for living when you know the outcome will be the same