So long Big Brown!

Brownwind

I don't know how every pension works because there's so many different plans

But I know every summer I get a pension statement.
The only problem my statement is based on age 65.

So I sent an email with my name and my wife's birthdate.
Just asking how much would I get right now and what are my survivorship options.
Approximately a month later they gave me a nice print out show me what I would get if I walk out the door today
7 dollars is the number. I will pay you 7 dollars to leave.

You can call your local and they will give you the number for the administration of your plan. Probably more than the 7 dollars I’d pay you.

Thebrownblob

If I didn't have a pension my 401k and ira would not be enough money for me to retire on right now
I just watched a retirement video that said 49% of people within two years of retiring don’t even have $100,000 in retirement savings. Doubtful most of them have pensions how the hell are they going to make it?

401(k) was a great idea, but clearly moving away from pensions has been detrimental to working people.

Brownwind

If I didn't have a pension my 401k and ira would not be enough money for me to retire on right now
The pension is a big part of why we do what we do and put up with the games. Most don’t make 75k a year and if we leave early that’s what we walk away with. You can live comfortably in some areas with that income alone.

Insurance is the key for me.

Brownwind

I just watched a retirement video that said 49% of people within two years of retiring don’t even have $100,000 in retirement savings. Doubtful most of them have pensions how the hell are they going to make it?

401(k) was a great idea, but clearly moving away from pensions has been detrimental to working people.
Many live week to week and rely on state aid. It’s amazing how some survive. If your desperate enough the fight comes out.