So long Big Brown!

Sometimes I wonder how people make it through life
I don't know how every pension works because there's so many different plans

But I know every summer I get a pension statement.
The only problem my statement is based on age 65.

So I sent an email with my name and my wife's birthdate.
Just asking how much would I get right now and what are my survivorship options.
Approximately a month later they gave me a nice print out show me what I would get if I walk out the door today

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Basically anyone can retire at any age, you just have to decide when it's right for you.
If you make your choices based on what you will get and when. Then you could be screwed.

The Teamsters handle my Pension Fund, not the company, so I had to abide by their rules.
My pension payout is based on how many years on the job ( 30+ ) and if I was under 62.
Because persons who retire between 60 & 62 got an extra $1,000 a month.
I didn't know that when I retired due to a medical issue, had I known I would have gotten the hell out a few months earlier.
Their reasoning , I think, was that at age 62 most begin collecting SS.
Their rules allowed me to have another job for only up to 20 hours /week and only after they approved it.
Which I never took them up on it.

Thebrownblob

I don't know how every pension works because there's so many different plans

But I know every summer I get a pension statement.
The only problem my statement is based on age 65.

So I sent an email with my name and my wife's birthdate.
Just asking how much would I get right now and what are my survivorship options.
Approximately a month later they gave me a nice print out show me what I would get if I walk out the door today
A swift kick in the ass? You better take it before they change their minds.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Can you retire with 15 years at age 62? How can I find information on all the restrictions and How do I collect and How much do I collect? Thank you in advance!
Yes. Send me your employee ID, last four of your social, your fathers middle name, your mothers maiden name, your first pets name, the street you grew up on and what state your in. I will have the answer by the end of next week. Also, send any pics of your wife. Thanks.