Strike 2023

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't know, if the board were to put out a detailed plan to shareholders - like "we intend to do everything in our power to break the union, which will result in a 6-12 month period of reduced returns. But doing so will long-term slash our operation costs by (insert large percentage) through wage and benefit reduction. Therefore in 18 months or so out returns will far exceed any previously paid out. " Smart investors would have little problem with this as smart investors buy and hold large cap stocks. Now perhaps if large funds(like say a teacher union etc) is invested heavily they would push back on it.
That's one thing about being in our positions as labor, we think we know how things work, but the truth is we don't see the information, the projections and all that type of data that drives decisions at high levels. It is fun to debate about it though.

If this were the case, they would just try to break the union any time. Investors are not going stand losing 100's of millions on a promise of maybe breaking even in a few years. The second their portfolios started being effected, they would drop UPS like a hot potato.

JL 0513

Definitely a challenge to save while simultaneously fighting out of control inflation. For many of the older drivers, a strike is no problem. Younger guys establishing their lives with recent home purchases would be hit hard. Typical modest house right now is over a half million. That carries an over $3,000/mo mortgage. Mine is more than that. I think guys that bought a house 20-30 years ago would be shocked.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
sorry yuppies , you may not be able to afford your name brand groceries and overpriced meats 😂

I hate yuppies , SMH
🧔‍♂️✊
Live on less than you make. Don't go out to eat. Don't buy new clothes. Don't go on vacation. Live like a broke college kid for a year.
9118061D-C7FB-4869-AB2E-7F49D6CA43CB.jpeg

Screw all that we gon roll some smoke

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Definitely a challenge to save while simultaneously fighting out of control inflation. For many of the older drivers, a strike is no problem. Younger guys establishing their lives with recent home purchases would be hit hard. Typical modest house right now is over a half million. That carries an over $3,000/mo mortgage. Mine is more than that. I think guys that bought a house 20-30 years ago would be shocked.

I was shocked with 100k 20 years ago. Brand new 700 sq ft places are going for around 300k. Anything bigger is 600k. I wouldn't buy in this market, even with what I make. I'd like to sell, but the wife doesn't want to.

JustDeliverIt

I was shocked with 100k 20 years ago. Brand new 700 sq ft places are going for around 300k. Anything bigger is 600k. I wouldn't buy in this market, even with what I make. I'd like to sell, but the wife doesn't want to.

But if you sell then you have to turn around and buy. Wife and I talked about doing the same thing. Be great to make the money on the sale but just to shell it out to buy something else just isn’t worth it.

PT Car Washer

In my area a $500,000 house would be a McMansion. Some of you people could use a realty check and a financial advisor.