Supervisor Harassment

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Good luck at UPS, you have passed the supervisor test. Here at UPS we train all are supervisors to do nothing and say nothing of importance, you have qualified with honors for your work here. If you keep this up you will be district manager in no time.
d4c975f5678aeb76.jpg
,,,,,,,,twisting the truth ?

35years

Gravy route
Filed an over-supervision/harassment grievance on a manager.

A month later he went with an on-car to spy on me, trying to nail me with something.

I saw them right away and did it all by the book. 3 hours later they said I did not honk my horn before a back (it used to be the rule to honk before, not during the back). I asked the on-car later that day where they started following me.

My warning letter hearing...
Me: "I filed a harassment grievance on you previously. As a result of that grievance you were to stop targeting me for harassment and over-supervision. Were you targeting me for observation?
Manager: No, we were just bringing supplies to a shipper...(lie) and we happened to see you...(lie)
Me: Well, the on-car told me you started following me at 3rd and 7th; there are no shippers in that area, and you can't see my package car from any main roads in that area, so you must have been looking for me specifically.
Manager: Stammering "Um, um, well, we can look for you specifically"
Division Manager: All harassment will now stop. Warning letter is dropped.

Harassment stopped.

Harassment grievances are so future harassment stops. If a manager continues, they are transferred (sometimes promoted). If they keep it up, they will no longer be allowed to work with union employees. File,file,file.

Brown echo

Filed an over-supervision/harassment grievance on a manager.

A month later he went with an on-car to spy on me, trying to nail me with something.

I saw them right away and did it all by the book. 3 hours later they said I did not honk my horn before a back (it used to be the rule to honk before, not during the back). I asked the on-car later that day where they started following me.

My warning letter hearing...
Me: "I filed a harassment grievance on you previously. As a result of that grievance you were to stop targeting me for harassment and over-supervision. Were you targeting me for observation?
Manager: No, we were just bringing supplies to a shipper...(lie) and we happened to see you...(lie)
Me: Well, the on-car told me you started following me at 3rd and 7th; there are no shippers in that area, and you can't see my package car from any main roads in that area, so you must have been looking for me specifically.
Manager: Stammering "Um, um, well, we can look for you specifically"
Division Manager: All harassment will now stop. Warning letter is dropped.

Harassment stopped.

Harassment grievances are so future harassment stops. If a manager continues, they are transferred (sometimes promoted). If they keep it up, they will no longer be allowed to work with union employees. File,file,file.
Agree!! , File,file,file.

UPSjedi41

Agree!! , File,file,file.

5 Keys to filing a grievance

1. If the company failed to honor any part of the contract, file a grievance. First time, every time. No freebies.
  2. Get your union steward to help file the grievance. Any steward in the building will be happy to help you file.
  3. After filing a grievance, if management looks at you differently for any reason, file another grievance.
  4. Never threaten to file a grievance, just file.
  5. UPS only understands one thing, money. The best way to show them you are serious is to take their money by filing grievances.

8000Shelf

1. If the company failed to honor any part of the contract, file a grievance. First time, every time. No freebies.
  2. Get your union steward to help file the grievance. Any steward in the building will be happy to help you file.
  3. After filing a grievance, if management looks at you differently for any reason, file another grievance.
  5. UPS only understands one thing, money. The best way to show them you are serious is to take their money by filing grievances.
Problem is there's no financial penalty for the company on harassment grievances. Just a slap on the wrist to the sup and a "promise" not to harass in the future.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Problem is there's no financial penalty for the company on harassment grievances. Just a slap on the wrist to the sup and a "promise" not to harass in the future.
We need to try and get this changed in the next contract. Money paid out for every case of harassment with the fines going up every time a certain sup is charged with harassment. When the fines get high enough, Ups won't put up with the sup anymore.

km3

We need to try and get this changed in the next contract. Money paid out for every case of harassment with the fines going up every time a certain sup is charged with harassment. When the fines get high enough, Ups won't put up with the sup anymore.

I like the idea of a financial penalty for harassment, but it should be paid to the local union. Don't want to give people incentive to file in situations where harassment doesn't exist.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I like the idea of a financial penalty for harassment, but it should be paid to the local union. Don't want to give people incentive to file in situations where harassment doesn't exist.
I agree. And all that penalty money should go directly into the pension funds.

Faceplanted

I have had suspension letters and intent to discharges thrown out because I was dilligent and filed harassment/retaliation greviences.

I would file 9-5 grevience on Thursday, the following week on what would be my third day over 9-5 I get an ojs ride. I go over 9-5, file a grevience and the next day I get a warning letter for "failure to follow proper pu and del procedures"

If you file diligently, when your day comes at a hearing, it's easy for ups labor to see what's going on and tell managment to stop. Iv got lots of disicpline thrown out thanks to be able to show a trend of harassment and retaliation.

When I file retaliation, I always include the grevience number of the grevience that I feel I'm being retaliated against.

Brown echo

:winnersmiley::winnersmiley::winnersmiley:
I have had suspension letters and intent to discharges thrown out because I was dilligent and filed harassment/retaliation greviences.

I would file 9-5 grevience on Thursday, the following week on what would be my third day over 9-5 I get an ojs ride. I go over 9-5, file a grevience and the next day I get a warning letter for "failure to follow proper pu and del procedures"

If you file diligently, when your day comes at a hearing, it's easy for ups labor to see what's going on and tell managment to stop. Iv got lots of disicpline thrown out thanks to be able to show a trend of harassment and retaliation.

When I file retaliation, I always include the grevience number of the grevience that I feel I'm being retaliated against.