Temporary Ops Manager Program

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I understand the sentiment, but how many time have you guys clocked out and gone home, knowing that you could have stayed and helped out with pressing operational issues? "I'm not a manager, not my job" is a real phrase.
As often as I can now. I have been screwed enough times by this company that I could not care less if there are “pressing operational issues”. Our belt went down recently for the PM sort. If I wasn’t forced to stay, I would have been at home rather than sweating my butt off in the building rushing to help the CTV pull in time. For many years I was one of those who bled purple and would have happily been there being a part of the “team”.

dezguy

LOL "gone home knowing you could have stayed to help out with pressing operational issues."

This company has shown, over the past two decades, exactly what it thinks of its frontline employees, it's incredible there are even employees left that will go above what is required from them.

Stay and help with pressing operational issues. Nah, dude. I'll go home and enjoy my time instead

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I understand the sentiment, but how many time have you guys clocked out and gone home, knowing that you could have stayed and helped out with pressing operational issues? "I'm not a manager, not my job" is a real phrase.
Comes from being treated as a disposable asset, undervalued for our contributions, and dismissed as if we are of a lesser intellect.

Your problem, earn your pay grade. You are the ones who have destroyed any sense of loyalty to the ‘Team’.

outtatime

Comes from being treated as a disposable asset, undervalued for our contributions, and dismissed as if we are of a lesser intellect.

Your problem, earn your pay grade. You are the ones who have destroyed any sense of loyalty to the ‘Team’.
Exactly. Why should I go above and beyond for the company only to get questioned the next day as to why my RTB was 12min over what the metrics said? Being a good employee who gets the job done no matter what only gets rewarded with more work, while the constant complainers get stops taken off them and are done by 1400. If management didn't always cry wolf with the "operational needs" BS, maybe more people would step up when there was an actual "pressing need".

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Maybe if Fred wasn’t so ******* cheap about staffing, maybe there wouldn’t be so many “pressing operational needs.”

This company has a very bad habit if bringing on their own problems, then they expect couriers to bail them out on a regular basis after they’ve crapped on them all day.

They reap what sow. Simple as that.

falcon back

Maybe if Fred wasn’t so ******* cheap about staffing, maybe there wouldn’t be so many “pressing operational needs.”

This company has a very bad habit if bringing on their own problems, then they expect couriers to bail them out on a regular basis after they’ve crapped on them all day.

They reap what sow. Simple as that.
Maybe if you hadn't been such a sorry ass employee when you worked there, you would have saved money for retirement and you wouldn't be complaining about the lifestyle that retirement brought you.

Star B

White Lightening
Company has gone above and beyond to show that they don't give a rats ass about the boots on the ground. That's why it's not "FedEx Package" -- it's still "FedEx Ground" and "FedEx Express"

Where's the pension, where's the pay raises? How about that insurance that keeps going up and covering less? How about that quality of life outside of work? Last time I checked, the company made a :censored2:ton of money this past year. They'll pacify the workforce with a bonus, maybe a step or two, more useless promo merch, and an "appreciation cookout", but in reality they should make the bold announcement of "If you've been here 5 years, you're topped out -- no matter what".

tl;dr make me proud to work for you and i'll put in the extra effort it takes. crap on me every second you get and you'll get the same from me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The point is it was an action brought by UPS to gain the same classification as Fedex.

I've read it, The whole damn thing that you cannot site.

The case does not have anything to do with the proper classification of Fedex, the coprt did not address this question.
Period.
The court relied on previous and current definitions.
The question was not whether Fedex was an airline it was UPS attempt to get a portion of it's company treated as an airline under RWLA provisions.

The fact is no, none of any ground operations, couriers, station any part of the ground portion of the airline portion has sought relief or a judgment pertaining to that segment of the whole, total operation of Federal Express, at that time or FedEx currently.

This buster is my lane, the claims you have made (court cases) are unsubstantiated and cannot be provided.

My limited education is directed in one lane.
Like I said, you'd find issue with it. There's nothing worse that marrying a bad take and sticking with it despite the obvious, like thinking that Saquon Barkley or Christian McCaffrey is a better RB than Derrick Henry. The more irrational the reasoning, the harder it is to let go.

59 Dano

Doesn't bother me. The workgroup I have now? I couldn't ask for better people. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for each and every one of them. Professional attitudes, remarkable effort, and outstanding performance.

I treated (or tried to treat) people the same way when I was an ops manager. Some didn't want it. Someone didn't want to go the extra mile when things were rough because of some issue they had with the company or the people in it? When something was left to my discretion, I guess they didn't want me to exercise it in their favor. Didn't bother me.

59 Dano

Exactly. Why should I go above and beyond for the company only to get questioned the next day as to why my RTB was 12min over what the metrics said? Being a good employee who gets the job done no matter what only gets rewarded with more work, while the constant complainers get stops taken off them and are done by 1400. If management didn't always cry wolf with the "operational needs" BS, maybe more people would step up when there was an actual "pressing need".
"They asked me about my RTB time and someone else doesn't do enough stops, therefore I'll not help."

People come up with the darndest excuses. If you get upset over being asked about your RTB time, you're soft.

59 Dano

Company has gone above and beyond to show that they don't give a rats ass about the boots on the ground. That's why it's not "FedEx Package" -- it's still "FedEx Ground" and "FedEx Express"

Where's the pension, where's the pay raises? How about that insurance that keeps going up and covering less? How about that quality of life outside of work? Last time I checked, the company made a *ton of money this past year. They'll pacify the workforce with a bonus, maybe a step or two, more useless promo merch, and an "appreciation cookout", but in reality they should make the bold announcement of "If you've been here 5 years, you're topped out -- no matter what".

tl;dr make me proud to work for you and i'll put in the extra effort it takes. crap on me every second you get and you'll get the same from me.

You're going to screw your coworkers because you don't like the decisions of upper management?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Doesn't bother me. The workgroup I have now? I couldn't ask for better people. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for each and every one of them. Professional attitudes, remarkable effort, and outstanding performance.

I treated (or tried to treat) people the same way when I was an ops manager. Some didn't want it. Someone didn't want to go the extra mile when things were rough because of some issue they had with the company or the people in it? When something was left to my discretion, I guess they didn't want me to exercise it in their favor. Didn't bother me.
Perhaps you should demean the others’ contributions and assure them they’re overcompensated. Let them know the company comes before their personal life. Then leave to go watch your son’s soccer game.

59 Dano

Perhaps you should demean the others’ contributions and assure them they’re overcompensated. Let them know the company comes before their personal life. Then leave to go watch your son’s soccer game.
Why would I do that? They earned great treatment.

falcon back

I only have one standard and it is best described as you get what you give.
Pretty much sums it up. If you are a dick to your manager, they will be a dick to you. A majority of the time, you do them right, they do you right. I can see why most of here have issues with management. Most are total dicks and they wonder why management craps on them. Good managers don't get mad, they get even.

Stat41

Like I said, you'd find issue with it. There's nothing worse that marrying a bad take and sticking with it despite the obvious, like thinking that Saquon Barkley or Christian McCaffrey is a better RB than Derrick Henry. The more irrational the reasoning, the harder it is to let go.
I have no idea who Saquon Barkley or Christian McCaffery is. But I pick MaryAnne over Ginger.