Tentative Agreement

rudy5150

Re: 4 years ??? really!!!' consession slate!!!

Like i said yesterday.......garbage contract please vote NO everyone. Even if your a full timer now at top scale dont sell out your fellow teamster brother and sister. This is not UPS's best and final offer remember that!!! We can all make more $ and get a better contract. This is another historically bad contract for HOFFA! WOW!

trickpony1

I am in the CS plan and we lost the 20/25/30 and out with insurance years ago.. It was one of those "Best Ever" contracts just like our new one..In the CS plan, if you retire prior to age 55 you do not get insurance, nor are you offered insurance.. Upon retirement you have to purchase insurance.. I think it is 250 per single person or 500 for a married couple.. It may be 200/400, but I am not sure..

it's 200/400 now. No telling what it's gonna be after the new contract gets "passed".

rudy5150

Like i said yesterday.......garbage contract please vote NO everyone. Even if your a full timer now at top scale dont sell out your fellow teamster brother and sister. This is not UPS's best and final offer remember that!!! We can all make more $ and get a better contract. This is another historically bad contract for HOFFA! WOW!

over9five

Staff member

"Selling out the unborn"

Funny, some of the same people who used to say "never sell out the unborn" are now the biggest cheerleaders of doing just that.

Four years??? Are they serious?

kingOFchester

I heard my local is still deciding whether they will accept the contract. Not sure if I heard correctly, but it sounds like the local can shoot this down. My BA stated that our local has the best insurance at UPS. Again, over heard him talking to other drivers as I clocked out and not sure if I heard it correctly.

brownboyups

New UPS/Teamster Contract...$4.00 over 5 years

24 years with UPS...24 straight years with a raise

On its Web site, TDU outlined key aspects of the tentative contracts, which include:
-all UPS Teamsters in company health plans being moved to union health plans;

-$1 per hour increases in contributions to pension and healthcare benefits each year, which matches the previous contract; and
-wage increases under the five-year deal are reportedly 70 cents in each of the first three years, followed by raises of 90 cents and $1 in the last two years

Teamsters officials said that the tentative agreement for UPS package employees moves 140,000 employees into the Teamsters-controlled health plans to maintain current strong benefits for all UPS Teamsters and also grow funds for Teamsters for all industries into the future.

UPS and Teamsters come to terms on two new tentative five-year deals - Article from Logistics Management

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
New UPS/Teamster Contract...$4.00 over 5 years

Seriously?!?!?!?

Take a look there's already 5 threads about the contract.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: I guess there is no strike....

Perhaps I deserve your snide remarks.
Upstate deserves what he gets as well.
Again, my point is missed.
Of course, it likely does note pertain to you.
On a side note, perhaps you could give me some posting tips.
You seem to have everything figured out...

Probably.
Probably.
Seems the case.
I'll make a note.
Use spell check and read before posting.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed is King.

rudy5150

Lets vote this down and demand 3 yr progression not 4! and all part timers get the 1.50 raise......not just new hires being bumped to $10 an hr. Also demand atleast a dollar raise every yr. Also the last two yrs of this contract are split raises which is also a fat joke on us

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lets vote this down and demand 3 yr progression not 4! and all part timers get the 1.50 raise......not just new hires being bumped to $10 an hr. Also demand atleast a dollar raise every yr. Also the last two yrs of this contract are split raises which is also a fat joke on us

Yeah the split raises actually means ups will save money in year 4 by giving us an 80 cent raise instead of 70.

ocnewguy

big fat no until we get catch up pay in the contract. i don't know how they think it's ok to sell out current p/ters in favor of people who haven't even been hired yet

ymelord

Re: I guess there is no strike....

I'll wait and see, but my fear is, that this contract could be the 1st one in my 30 years where we end up with less than we had.