Tentative Agreement

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Re: I guess there is no strike....

Exactly when should we be expecting some details. I know they just reached a handshake agreement, but what May 15th sound good for the details, because I am up in the air on my decision.
Pay increases are barely acceptable to me. Less than cost of living, but $37 at last 6 months sounds decent.
Health care is my big hang up. I don't like the term "Central States" on anything. They couldn't manage a pension correctly. From what I have heard, their health care is sub-standard. Heard it is suppose to be improved to what UPS offers now. It had better be with safeguard against lowering coverage or any co-pays or increased deductibles.
I would like to see improvements on telematics. No discharges for dishonesty when it concerns telematics.
I want an improved and quicker panel or independent arbiter system in place for employees. Current one sucks.
So, I am un-decided so far. Need more details. Something Hoffa and Hall don't ever seem to want go give.

UPSGUY72

Re: 4 years ??? really!!!' consession slate!!!

we are giving and they are taking!!

We are getting raises we don't have to pay for health for at least another 5 years they are putting more money into are pensions. But since they are increasing the time of FT progression you come up with both that we are given and they are taken .....

Please if you feel the contract proposal are not up your standards than vote NO. However if the contract proposal is voted in please feel free to go find another job since you don't like the condition of your employment...... Now that isn't going happen is it... You would have to be and idiot...

The last time the union wouldn't give and take they go screwed in the end and I correct ??????

UPSGUY72

I'll wait and see, but my fear is, that this contract could be the 1st one in my 30 years where we end up with less than we had.

Didn't that happen in 97 when you went on strike and final agreed to less that you had....

rudy5150

Im sure UPS has something else up their sleeve too, they are out to crush us if u havent noticed. Full timers shouldnt count on their OT for income either it might not always be there. Also as you can see based on this agreement dont think the union will never sell out your health insurance with 20 or 30 co pays down the road. Dont be stupid and demand more out of the UNION. Is this a joke?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I'll wait and see, but my fear is, that this contract could be the 1st one in my 30 years where we end up with less than we had.

Please explain what will be less than now.

From what I have seen:
All wages will increase.
friend/T positions will increase.
P/T rate is increasing.

UPSGUY72

Im sure UPS has something else up their sleeve too, they are out to crush us if u havent noticed. Full timers shouldnt count on their OT for income either it might not always be there. Also as you can see based on this agreement dont think the union will never sell out your health insurance with 20 or 30 co pays down the road. Dont be stupid and demand more out of the UNION. Is this a joke?

You shouldn't be living on your OT if your are your and idiot..... OT isn't guaranteed and most people don't want it if your have read any of the post on BC your would know....

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I hate to admit it but...

The more the details are being leaked out, the more I may have to vote no on the contract. A 4 year progression to top scale is heinous. And IF the benes are less, it's a for sure no vote. And if they don't have the benes fleshed out before it's time to vote then I'm voting no on principle. I'm not retarded like Pelosi and others in the House that voted for Obamacare before they knew what was in it. "We have to vote for it to see what's in it..."Even my 6 and 8 year olds don't say stupid ****e like that. IF is key...IF...I'm okay with the raises since I think we're well compensated already...even in the part time ranks...it's a 4 hour a day job for exercising and moving packages. It all hinges on the benes for me. If it reduces them for me or my pt fellows, the contract has earned a no. Time will tell. It's not the epic win for sure that Hall and Hoffa has touted. It's OK. But not an epic win.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You shouldn't be living on your OT if your are your and idiot..... OT isn't guaranteed and most people don't want it if your have read any of the post on BC your would know....

Huhhuhuhuh ... he is P/T. I don't think he gets OT.

oldupsman

Please explain what will be less than now.

From what I have seen:
All wages will increase.
friend/T positions will increase.
P/T rate is increasing.
And for those with UPS health care they will be paying a lot more for a lot less.

oldupsman

I heard my local is still deciding whether they will accept the contract. Not sure if I heard correctly, but it sounds like the local can shoot this down. My BA stated that our local has the best insurance at UPS. Again, over heard him talking to other drivers as I clocked out and not sure if I heard it correctly.
Well KOC from your posts I assume your Chester is in Chester county Pa. And if so you heard right. True of almost all the Metro Philly
locals. This health care issue is not gonna fly.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

In the WEST, this contract is a NO GO for us. Local meeting on this sunday and we will present to our officers a "NO" on this contract in its current form. This contract is WEAK at best, and don't be fooled by the 3.90 cent raise. Part timers being hung out for 4 years before being eligible for health insurance is the biggest concession. Giving our company health care plans to the central states is a JOKE at best, and "WE" could care less what those who are in the plan think. You may have been on this program for years, and stuck with copays and higher participation percentages, but NOT US in the West and will we give notice to local 396 that this contract is UNACCEPTABLE.

gotbrown

4 year progression is not fair..we expect pt to do what they do for whst i believe is some what fair wage between bennes ,pay and the reason they stay is for the ft job and now wait another year is unfair..we tell them to take what is offered because being a driver is the big picture and now has to wait another year..I hope this is not true

ocnewguy

In the WEST, this contract is a NO GO for us. Local meeting on this sunday and we will present to our officers a "NO" on this contract in its current form. This contract is WEAK at best, and don't be fooled by the 3.90 cent raise. Part timers being hung out for 4 years before being eligible for health insurance is the biggest concession. Giving our company health care plans to the central states is a JOKE at best, and "WE" could care less what those who are in the plan think. You may have been on this program for years, and stuck with copays and higher participation percentages, but NOT US in the West and will we give notice to local 396 that this contract is UNACCEPTABLE.

4 years? that's a typo right???

oldupsman

The health care issue is going to blow up in Hoffa's and hall face.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Like i said yesterday.......garbage contract please vote NO everyone. Even if your a full timer now at top scale dont sell out your fellow teamster brother and sister. This is not UPS's best and final offer remember that!!! We can all make more $ and get a better contract. This is another historically bad contract for HOFFA! WOW!

You wanna make more money !!!

GO BACK TO SCHOOL !!!!!!

You want to work your ass off and get paid and enjoy greater benefits, STAY working at UPS !!!!

Plus I get 6 weeks of Vacation and a solid income !!!!

Get off your soapbox and start working more than 20 hours Fruity Rudy !!!!!!! This job is worth it !!

rudy5150

UPS is making the union look really stupid! Wake up brothers and sisters!

Are we really going to let UPS/Hoffa get away with this? This contract sucks. Our last contract was much better than this with record profits yr after yr! Why should we not get atleast a dollar a yr raise? Why should new full time hires have to wait 4 yrs till they make top scale wage? Why should we have higher co pays and deductables than in the past? We got sold out by our leaders......this is embarrassing Hoffa and Hall.

oldupsman

Re: UPS is making the union look really stupid! Wake up brothers and sisters!

Yeah Heff, I know. Rudy tends to get a little carried away. But I really like to hear why you think anybody should allow their
health care be reduced when UPS is doing so well.