Tentative Agreement

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
Current part time want the 1.50 bump just like new hires....we want $2.20 raise in august! No part time job should leave your body sore every day frm working 4-5 hrs. We also shouldnt be harrassed daily, its a part time job correct. We have had enough and the union wont back us! Its not fair the new hires are going to start at $10 when we started at $8.50. Then the 4 yr progression for new full timers to reach top rate is a joke tooo!

Cannot happen coldworld. I am a "red circlred" part-time employee. I remember when I was making around $10-$20/hour and the very first 22.3 job went up for bid. I was going to bid on it but was informed that my starting rate would be around $10.50/hour. ONLY when we bid into a full time driver job do we get to keep our current rate (Central Region)......that may or may not change with this contract. One thing for sure.....younger part-time employees normally ,have NOTHING to worry about us old red circled employees bidding into driving jobs..

As far as the number of pt workforce that are red circled.....just guessing less than 5% based on our building..

So these would be folks from pre 1982....is that right?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Current part time want the 1.50 bump just like new hires....we want $2.20 raise in august! No part time job should leave your body sore every day frm working 4-5 hrs. We also shouldnt be harrassed daily, its a part time job correct. We have had enough and the union wont back us! Its not fair the new hires are going to start at $10 when we started at $8.50. Then the 4 yr progression for new full timers to reach top rate is a joke tooo!

PT wage increase won't generate "yes" votes unless it's passed along to those currently employed. (The new hires can't vote yet...)

Most full time folks said they wanted to see a significant bump in the part time pay and higher raises for them even if that meant full time raises wernt as much....but it looks like the raises for pt and ft are going to be the same.....any thoughts?

To me $1.50 is not a significant bump. If most centers are like mine guys are at 9.50 within 30 days anyway.

I really think $10 is bare minimum what would even have a chance of passing. Ups and the teamsters knew that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am a "red circlred" part-time employee. I remember when I was making around $10-$20/hour and the very first 22.3 job went up for bid. I was going to bid on it but was informed that my starting rate would be around $10.50/hour. ONLY when we bid into a full time driver job do we get to keep our current rate (Central Region).

If you are a (Central Region) red circled, pre-"82 employee.... that's not even close.... to being correct.

I can't believe someone told you that.

-Bug-

InsideUPS

If you are a (Central Region) red circled, pre-"82 employee.... that's not even close.... to being correct.

I can't believe someone told you that.

-Bug-

Yes...I am a red circled pre-82 employee. Yes....the job was posted at around $10.50 per hour.. (around the same I was making for driving Sat Air at the time). When....I asked my BA what the actual starting rate for the 22.3 job for me would be, I was informed the ONLY way to actually find out is for me to bid on the job.....and grieve it if it was not what I would expect. I was not going to be a "test case" for the Union ....only to take the chance of losing a grievance and finding myself working twice the number of hours for the same amount of pay.

Bug....the thing you have to understand is that all BA's are NOT created equal. What takes place in your Local/buildings....is NOT the way things operate in every Local across the country. As you know, Local Level agreements most often prevail over all other contract language in the National and Central Region Supplements. Our BA is extremely critical of the Central Region language....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah your BA screwed u.

Your pay rate would of been the same as your inside rate. You then would of had a separate air rate. If this was an air driver article 22 job.

We have a red circle working article 22 twilight and car wash. He took like a dollar or 2 pay cut was it and might never retire.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes...I am a red circled pre-82 employee.

Then, you have been making full-rate all along.

I asked my BA what the actual starting rate for the 22.3 job for me would be, I was informed the ONLY way to actually find out is for me to bid on the job.....and grieve it if it was not what I would expect.

Wow.... That's bad advice. I am starting to understand your posts.... a little more.

Bug....the thing you have to understand is that all BA's are NOT created equal.

Roger that.

Our BA is extremely critical of the Central Region language.

If this is the same BA....that gave you that advice....

I am.... at a loss for words.

-Bug-

Ms.PacMan

With all this negative feedback on BC, I have a feeling that the ballots will be coming out before the details of the contract all come out. Just my opinion.

That has to be one of the dumbest things.... I have ever heard a TDU supporter say.
Lol

We voted on the last contract with only an outline of the Central States pension buyout. The promise (UPS will guarantee your CS pension) and the reality (only until you are 65) were vastly different. I have the same worry that realbrown1 does about how much info will be provided (especially considering the plan date would not begin until 1/2014).

Hear this - the locals surrounding the US are the eye candy that the Teamsters and UPS trot out in public. Central Region/States is the fat b1tch (covers the most members) that does naughty things with UPS in the dark.

Marlin3030hntr

out here in the Western Conference we are dying to hear all the details first we don't want to get stuck with a sub-par agreement like the current one we have, dont get me wrong the raises were nice but we were not under a false impression that our bennies would be continually funded by the company this move in it for us was just an inevitability

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We voted on the last contract, with only an outline of the Central States pension buyout.

All the more reason.... to attend your Local's contract review.

Don't try and decipher the highlighted changes. Or what some hotshot told you.

Go to your Local's meeting, and ask questions. It's that easy. If you care....

-Bug-

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
That has to be one of the dumbest things.... I have ever heard a TDU supporter say.

But, I'm guessing you're "full" of more stupid things to say.

Lol
I guarantee you that the details will come out very close to the contract vote date. So close that many will not have time to read it. UPS and the Teamster leadership (Hoffa/Hall) want this passed. They have already agreed that it's a good deal. They won't want anything (like us not being happy with it) stop the passing of this contract.
Saying this is a stupid quote is an opinion, not a fact. I bet I am going to be proved right.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I guarantee you that the details will come out very close to the contract vote date. So close that many will not have time to read it.

Since you have no ability at comprehension.... I will quote myself.

The next step is the 2-man committee.

The first review, will be for the UPS Master language. There will be a separate review for UPS freight.

Then, there will be reviews for the supplements. (Plus any changes in riders) Also, one for Supply Chain Solutions.

Then, and only then.... will the Local's schedule a meeting with their members.

And.... separate meetings for Parcel and Freight (If Locals have both).

The ballots probably won't even go out until June...

All the more reason.... to attend your Local's contract review.

Don't try and decipher the highlighted changes. Or what some hotshot told you.

Go to your Local's meeting, and ask questions. It's that easy. If you care....

-Bug-

If this is too much to understand....

I am out of crayons.

-Bug-

U

uber

UPS is one of the few companies IN THE WORLD that has given raises every year and its union employees pay ZERO for health benefits

You part-timers are ridiculous !!!!
The perks of union employment is right in front of your faces, yet you bitch about details when you haven't put on your big boy full-time pants on yet !!! The fruits of union employment is in seniority and benefits plus a comfortable retirement. I love preloaders but just because you load 4 cars don't mean you should be paid 25 bucks an hour. That would destroy UPS more than you know.

Quite honestly, UPS could give each of you a gold nugget and you'd still bitch it wasn't big enough !!! SMH

The benefits thing is a good talking point and all. But seriously, how often 18-25 year olds really need to use their benefits. Especially since they're covered by their parents until they're 26 years old these days.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The benefits thing is a good talking point and all. But seriously, how often 18-25 year olds really need to use their benefits. Especially since they're covered by their parents until they're 26 years old these days.

The benefits for P/Timers are used to subsidize the friend/Timers insurance.

anonymous4

Yes but I'm not saying.

want.gif

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The benefits for P/Timers are used to subsidize the friend/Timers insurance.
All fulltime union employees in Local 344 are insured through Milwaukee Drivers Health & Welfare. The union proposed and fought for the part-timers to be included with the full timers in this new contract proposal. Lost the fight and will lose the part timers to Central States. Would have been nice to have all that extra cash to subsidize us old farts.