Tentative Agreement

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Same here. I hit my year on june 25th. Seniority + 1 year would be july 25th. So we'll get a .50 bump on our anniversary then the general increase in august?

Seniority is measured by 30 working days, not calendar days, so you'll miss it by a few. That said, my raises were paid on on my employment anniversary "one year" date - not my "seniority + one year" so YMMV. If you get lucky, you'll get the 50c, then the 70c, then follow the general wage increase. If not, you'll follow what I wrote above (70c on August 1, bumped to 10.50 after one year, then $12 after three years). Worst case scenario, you'll be behind for a couple years but after that it's only a 10c gain.

You seem like an intelligent guy, so let me give you a piece of advice: this place sucks. Long-term the money's good but it still sucks. Finish school & find a better job.

also, since we get our p/t benefits soon, will we enroll in that for the duration of 2013 and then be transferred to the new plan starting next year?

Yes.

ocnewguy

Seniority is measured by 30 working days, not calendar days, so you'll miss it by a few. That said, my raises were paid on on my employment anniversary "one year" date - not my "seniority + one year" so YMMV. If you get lucky, you'll get the 50c, then the 70c, then follow the general wage increase. If not, you'll follow what I wrote above (70c on August 1, bumped to 10.50 after one year, then $12 after three years). Worst case scenario, you'll be behind for a couple years but after that it's only a 10c gain.

You seem like an intelligent guy, so let me give you a piece of advice: this place sucks. Long-term the money's good but it still sucks. Finish school & find a better job.

Yes.

Thanks. Yeah school is the plan. Accounting to be exact. I'd rather work here than at a McJob for the duration of school. I like to look at UPS as a back-up plan too.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Thanks. Yeah school is the plan. Accounting to be exact. I'd rather work here than at a McJob for the duration of school. I like to look at UPS as a back-up plan too.

I'm duel-majoring in accounting & actuary with 30 credits (10 classes) to go! I signed & won our driving bid (would've kept me under 3-year progression), and was set to go to Integrad this week when I changed my mind & enrolled in summer classes. $100K as a driver (in five years) sounds tempting but I'd rather be earning less doing something I enjoy.

This should be my final contract. Since there's no PT catch-up raise, I'll yet again vote no but expect fully it'll pass by a wide margin.

RealPerson

Wow, so far what I see for part Timers.. Last contract was less raises per years, and now this contract is less per year. Don't spin me on what the UNION is getting. As a part timer I would rather invest that amount in my 401k.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Wow, so far what I see for part Timers.. Last contract was less raises per years, and now this contract is less per year. Don't spin me on what the UNION is getting. As a part timer I would rather invest that amount in my 401k.

Holy smokes!

PTer? 401K?

Most PTers barely earn enough money for gas & grub. What are they paying you? ;)

RealPerson

Holy smokes!

PTer? 401K?

Most PTers barely earn enough money for gas & grub. What are they paying you? ;)

That even proves my point more. Why Pay for retirement to the union when Most of the time they do not go full time or retire from part time. Put that money in a 401K that follows you to the next job.
I mean what do they say they pay per Hour for us $17 something? That is almost $300 a week....

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
That even proves my point more. Why Pay for retirement to the union when Most of the time they do not go full time or retire from part time. Put that money in a 401K that follows you to the next job.
I mean what do they say they pay per Hour for us $17 something? That is almost $300 a week....

Benefits. Individual PT benefits are valued at $4500-$6500 -- family are more than double.

Stratocaster

I would love to know where is Stink and 407 Steward....Best contract ever right??? What a joke! With this new 4 year progression, UPS will be saving thousands on our backs. The same backs that help them make record profits.

bakagigee

So, just to make sure I'm understanding this right.

I was hired in on 1/25/10. So I have received three $0.50 raises so far and currently make $12/hr.

When August 1st hits I will make $12.70/hr and then on August 2014 I will make $13.40 correct?

However, I just finished mentoring a new guy that came in about four months ago, and he's currently making $8.50 + $1.00 preload + $1.00 90 day raise = $10.50. You're saying that on August 1st he will go to $11.20 (I will be at $12.70) and then in August 2014 he will go to $11.50?.. Or will he go to $11.90?

And basically I won't get any "extra" benefit from this contract. Just the regular wage increase I would get when I come out of progression and fall under any new contract? Am I understanding that right?

Thanks for the help. All this contract stuff is a bit new to me, but I know I will have people asking me about it at work.

bbsam

Staff member
Does anybody know how Obamacare is written? Can the burden of healthcare become the unions responsibility? Does Obamacare allow for such a middle man?

frivolous petty small.

Holy smokes!

PTer? 401K?

I am in both 401ks and will start buying stock in June.