Tentative Agreement

kingOFchester

New hires with seniority on the books as of now make 9.50/10.50 at minimum. IF the contract goes through, those on the books will get the .70 raise taking them to 10.20/11.20. New hires after August 1st will start out at 10.00. Will not get their first raise till 2014.

bellesmom

Very disappointed that the 22.3 language was not improved upon; also that the C6 benefit package will be the "base" with further enhancements to be added upon.

PT and FT pension improvements seem solid, but that 48 month progression for new FT employees is a real kick in the nuts.

Still undecided on this one.

No vote from me based on nothing in the 22.3 language except the carrot of a few new jobs.

kingOFchester

The more I read, the more I investigate what was said at the rallies, the more I connect the dots....the more I am convinced we were all bamboozled into this union run healthcare. The plans for us all to go into a union plan was in motion long before hall supposedly walked away from the negotiation table.

They (UPS AND THE UNION) knew from the get go they would have a hard time selling the rank and file on the Union running the healthcare. They (UPS AND UNION) came up with a plan to scare everyone into thinking that WE could end up paying 30/60/90. Get everyone fired up and angry. This was to lighten the blow of a Union run healthcare plan. Then come back and say "we made progress, UPS has come down to 20/40/60 but that isn't good enough". Then come out with the "we have a great contract". Trying to give the impression that they fought a good fight and got us a great contract. All the while they got a lot of the rank and file to accept the healthcare issue as a "well, at least we aren't paying 30/60/90"

It was a plan, and not a well executed one at that!! They can blow me.

ocnewguy

The more I read, the more I investigate what was said at the rallies, the more I connect the dots....the more I am convinced we were all bamboozled into this union run healthcare. The plans for us all to go into a union plan was in motion long before hall supposedly walked away from the negotiation table. They knew from the get go they would have a hard time selling the rank and file on the Union running the healthcare. They came up with a plan to scare everyone into thinking that WE could end up paying 30/60/90. Get everyone fired up and angry. Then come back and say "we made progress, UPS has come down to 20/40/60 but that isn't good enough". Then come out with the "we have a great contract". Trying to give the impression that they fought a good fight and got us a great contract.

It was a plan, and not a well executed one at that!!

obviously it worked pretty well because it looks like quite a few people here bought it hook line and sinker

HubBub

So the "significant" increase in starting pay amounts to $0.50 increase without the 90 day raise. $0.63 increase over 4 years. Not quite significant. People hired this September will be making $12.50 in 2017.

I'm not really worried about the small part-time increases, but the 4 year driver progression is a killer. If you're not gonna make it better short term, at least help me out in the long term.

HubBub

The more I read, the more I investigate what was said at the rallies, the more I connect the dots....the more I am convinced we were all bamboozled into this union run healthcare. The plans for us all to go into a union plan was in motion long before hall supposedly walked away from the negotiation table.

They (UPS AND THE UNION) knew from the get go they would have a hard time selling the rank and file on the Union running the healthcare. They (UPS AND UNION) came up with a plan to scare everyone into thinking that WE could end up paying 30/60/90. Get everyone fired up and angry. This was to lighten the blow of a Union run healthcare plan. Then come back and say "we made progress, UPS has come down to 20/40/60 but that isn't good enough". Then come out with the "we have a great contract". Trying to give the impression that they fought a good fight and got us a great contract. All the while they got a lot of the rank and file to accept the healthcare issue as a "well, at least we aren't paying 30/60/90"

It seemed fishy from the beginning and has only gotten worse. If it was such a bone of contention, Hall could have leveraged it for more than we're seeing in this TA.

SWORDFISH

Another thing I don't like art 34 sec 1 near the end
Years of Service Age Monthly Service Pension
Pension Credit
35 years Any age $3,500
30 or more years Any age $3,000 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,500
25 years Any Age $2,000
up to age 57
25 Years 57 or older $2,500 plus $100/yr of service for years over 25 up to $3,500 maximum.

Effective January 1, 2014, the following enhancements will be implemented:
35 years, any age - $3,700
30 or more years, any age - $3,200 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,700
Effective January 1, 2017, the following enhancements will be implemented:
35 years, any age - $3,900
30 or more years, any age - $3,400 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,900

So they are basically extending the time you have to work for them by 5 years to get a decent pension. If you stay with brown for 30 or more years you get a bit of a bonus, but I don't like eliminating your option to retire 5years earlier. I think that is very valuable especially in this day and age. Thumbs down from me.

kingOFchester

Pension Credit
35 years Any age $3,500
30 or more years Any age $3,000 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,500
25 years Any Age $2,000
up to age 57
25 Years 57 or older $2,500 plus $100/yr of service for years over 25 up to $3,500 maximum.

30 or more years, any age - $3,200 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,700
30 or more years, any age - $3,400 plus $100/yr of service for years over 30 up to $3,900

So they are basically extending the time you have to work for them by 5 years to get a decent pension. If you stay with brown for 30 or more years you get a bit of a bonus, but I don't like eliminating your option to retire 5years earlier. I think that is very valuable especially in this day and age. Thumbs down from me.

I thought we all had different pension numbers? Does this mean we all will now fall under these numbers?

bellesmom

Wait a minute you people under the Hoffa/Hall National Agreement.....I don't think you read your contract the first time around. As far as there being 20,000 22.3 jobs already in place, I hardly think there are either. But how are we hourly's able to monitor whether or not the Union is doing their job? Once again Hall told our Local when grievances were being filed in the last few years about the 22.3 jobs, and them splitting the jobs into two different four hour shifts, that, "This isn't the time to go after the company for this during this economy." That is an actual quote by Hall to the Union Steward fighting these grievances. First of all there is no contract language in OUR Local that says when the economy is bad they can opt out of filling these jobs but there may be language like this in the National Agreement. There is language that says if a job is vacated, they can add a job in another hub to replace that job. Not necessarily in the same building. Also what about that splitting the jobs in two shifts CRAP? I think they need to add something that says they can no longer dismantle a job because they feel like it. They did this to practically every job we have in our building and in several other buildings in our local. Where is the language about this?????????????

EXACTLY!!

bellesmom

Pension Credit
35 years Any age $3,500
25 years Any Age $2,000
up to age 57

I noticed the extra 5 as well and don't know how many body parts can withstand the extra wear and tear. The majority of us do manual labor for hours at a time. This is another reason for "no" from me.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The more I read, the more I investigate what was said at. the rallies, the more I connect the dots....the more I am convinced we were all bamboozled into this union run healthcare. The plans for us all to go into a union plan was in motion long before hall supposedly walked away from the negotiation table.

People in general are sheeple. Doesn't take much to pull wool over the eyes of sheeple.

Speaking of which? What happened to 407 and stink? I called it!!! They will look like MORONS

New hires with seniority on the books as of now make 9.50/10.50 at minimum. IF the contract goes through, those on the books will get the .70 raise taking them to 10.20/11.20. New hires after August 1st will start out at 10.00. Will not get their first raise till 2014.

Unless your a sorter or a preload then you Make $11 to start. So you basicly make the same amount as someone whos been there a Year+.. Thats ****ty. NO VOTE

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Unless your a sorter or a preload then you Make $11 to start. So you basicly make the same amount as someone whos been there a Year+.. Thats ****ty. NO VOTE

This is incorrect.

As I previously posted (and will probably have to copy/paste a few dozen more times) ...
The $1 raise after 90-days for PTers has been eliminated, effectively making the wage bump 50c.

(*these figures do not include the $1 premium, which will be maintained)

Old Progression
* start: $8.50
* after 90 days: $9.50
* after 1 year: $10
* after 2 years: $10.50
* after 3 years: $11
* after 4 years: $11.87

New Progression:
* start: $10
* after 1 year: $10.50
* after 2 years: $11
* after 3 years: $12
* after 4 years: $12.50

What does this mean?
PTers who've been with the company less than three years will see adjustments to their wages (everybody else follows the general wage increase):

-- PTers who've been with the company less than one year will be bumped from $9.50 to $10.20 on August 1, then $10.50 on their first anniversary. They will follow the general wage increases, but be bumped from $11.90 to $12 on their third anniversary.

--PTers who've been with the company less than two years will be bumped to $10.70 on August 1, then $11.00 on their first anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increases.

-- PTers who've been with the company less than three years will be bumped to $11.20 on August 1, then $12.00 on their third anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increase.

So if you've been here between two & three years, you're the winner this contract.

-- Incumbent PTers with less than three years BENEFIT from the wage progression in seeing immediate wage increases.

-- New hires will follow the wage progression whereas incumbent PTers will receive the general wage increases. While the wage progression is stronger in the early years -- which BENEFITS incumbent employees, ultimately the general wage increases reign. Thus incumbent employees hired in today will be earning $13.40 by the end of the contract, whereas new hires in three months will receive only $12.50.

A warning letter for (UPS)Hall is in order!!!!! I heard he has a tee time with Mr. Davis...Just a rumor...But I think its true!!!

The problem with that is CS boys are on the negotiation committee. That was said by my local.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
obviously it worked pretty well because it looks like quite a few people here bought it hook line and sinker

People in general are sheeple. Doesn't take much to pull wool over the eyes of sheeple.

Considering I've seen like 2 people say this is a good contract and they will vote yes. Compared to the 30 or more no's I've heard. I wouldn't say most bought it.