Texas school shooting

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I do appreciate the fact that your guilt is eating at you and that you are trying to ask questions.
I see your religion has taught you well to divert from questions. That’s what religion does. Don’t ask questions just believe. For your information I was a drunk when I went to church. Since leaving 10 yrs ago I haven’t had a drink. No guilt anymore. If you are a person that doesn’t just believe whatever you are told in religion the contradictions will drive you crazy or to drink.
I stated why I don't believe the God of man. I am Just stating why. Believe whatever you want. It amazes me how when someone tells their opinion religious people get all upset and start jumping on them. Almost like they don’t truly believe what they’re saying they believe.

Last edited:

Darmark7

What is your understanding of God?
That’s like saying what is your understanding of the universe. To big to even start to understand. But my experience in religion has shown me what God isn’t and that is a great freeing place to start. None of us understand God but man will always create a god to explain things.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A local company in the city I live in specializes in children's caskets. They worked non-stop on the special order for the child victims.

Last edited:

tourists24

That’s like saying what is your understanding of the universe. To big to even start to understand. But my experience in religion has shown me what God isn’t and that is a great freeing place to start. None of us understand God but man will always create a god to explain things.
So do you believe in salvation? Biblical teaching salvation?

El Correcto

god is dead
69484177-EAA2-45EF-A8AC-E7998964D066.jpeg

Darmark7

So do you believe in salvation? Biblical teaching salvation?
Why would I? I just gave this thread 13 questions on the previous page why I don’t believe the Bible. It’s like fake news once you see so many things that don’t make sense why would a person believe any of it. That’s just me. Once I left religion the fear of God left. I now respect and know he has this under control. Most religious people fear God if they are not following the rules. That is what religion does to you. Create a fear and have the answer to keep you hooked.

Last edited:

tourists24

Why would I? I just gave this thread 13 questions on the previous page why I don’t believe the Bible. It’s like fake news once you see so many things that don’t make sense why would a person believe any of it. That’s just me.
Gotcha. So what do you believe in?

Darmark7

Gotcha. So what do you believe in?
A God that has to be amazing to be able to create all that we see. A God that has things under control more than religion has made him out to be. A God that you don’t have to be worried about if you question him or his ways. A God that a person doesn’t have to follow man made rules to have him love and accept them.

Last edited:

FromOffTheStreets

I used to dive right into these types of debates, but nothing fruitful ever comes out of them. They can't change my mind & I can't change theirs.

In reality though, no one knows anything with certainty until they breathe their last breath. Either nothing happens or you meet the creator of the system.

A solid commentator/exegete can explain most of your grievances with the Bible but that generally requires a lot of time investment. I will admit that there are a ton of really bad "Bible teachers" out there that don't have the capacity to answer questions.

Darmark7

A solid commentator/exegete can explain most of your grievances with the Bible
And they really don’t have a clue what happens for sure after death. They just know what they think the Bible says and again I have no desire to look deeper into a book I have no faith in. If someone believes in it then study away.
I agree nothing comes out of these discussions.
I had a religious friend of mine take the 13 questions (from previous page) to her priest he looked at them and said “Who gave you these? They are from the Devil” She left that church but I don’t think she ever asked another priest about those questions. If you want to stay in good with the church you don’t ask deep question Especially contradictions in the Bible.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And they really don’t have a clue what happens for sure after death. They just know what they think the Bible says and again I have no desire to look deeper into a book I have no faith in. If someone believes in it then study away.
I agree nothing comes out of these discussions.
I had a religious friend of mine take the 13 questions (from previous page) to her priest he looked at them and said “Who gave you these? They are from the Devil” She left that church but I don’t think she ever asked another priest about those questions. If you want to stay in good with the church you don’t ask deep question Especially contradictions in the Bible.
Do you know Theo?