Texas school shooting

Thebrownblob

im not saying that either but laws work sometimes!
Which law did the shooter break? The only one I know of was murder and he would’ve been charged with it if he wasn’t already taking a dirt nap. Didn’t matter to him. If being a weird dude would be against the law they would be at your door right now Ricky.

tramtwo

Evil exist... and political debates or laws will never stop it. It's the agnostic and or more atheist inclined people who search for meaning beyond that (evil exist) and grasp at a control or security that is impossible.

Is it sad... yes. I'm not arrogant enough to think that I have any solution that wouldn't be worse than the problem itself.

rickyb

Which law did the shooter break? The only one I know of was murder and he would’ve been charged with it if he wasn’t already taking a dirt nap. Didn’t matter to him. If being a weird dude would be against the law they would be at your door right now Ricky.
i am a sexy dude FYI

heres an example of the law working. the speed limit is 50. so most ppl who dont want to risk a ticket go 60.

if there was no law it would be the autobahn

Thebrownblob

i am a sexy dude FYI

heres an example of the law working. the speed limit is 50. so most ppl who dont want to risk a ticket go 60.

if there was no law it would be the autobahn
Again you misunderstand, the only ones that obey the speed limit are the ones that care about laws. And your example is kind of crappy the Audubon is actually pretty safe.

rickyb

Again you misunderstand, the only ones that obey the speed limit are the ones that care about laws. And your example is kind of crappy the Audubon is actually pretty safe.
i dont think ppl "self regulating" is the way to go for speed limits and its an extremist position to think all laws are bad.

something that happens to markets when criminals are allowed to run wild is the criminals take over the markets. in these cases many ppl will divest from them for fear of loss.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
i dont think ppl "self regulating" is the way to go for speed limits and its an extremist position to think all laws are bad.

something that happens to markets when criminals are allowed to run wild is the criminals take over the markets. in these cases many ppl will divest from them for fear of loss.
775CFC7C-F3EA-4DDD-AF16-F33291A1222B.gif

Thebrownblob

Didn’t say all laws are bad, what’s extremist is that you believe more laws are good, and work when the ones in place already don’t. Be careful or you become that what you say you hate.

tramtwo

We can't continue to attack people's belief systems and expect them to be obedient to law...

There should be a law but there should be a lot of things as well that have gone by the wayside. Maybe there's a correlation of taking prayer out of school with mass shootings... But I've probably gone too far now.

Or maybe I'm trying to tie together two things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other... course that puts me in good company most of the time. 🙄

rod

Retired 23 years
We can't continue to attack people's belief systems and expect them to be obedient to law...

There should be a law but there should be a lot of things as well that have gone by the wayside. Maybe there's a correlation of taking prayer out of school with mass shootings... But I've probably gone too far now.

Or maybe I'm trying to tie together two things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other... course that puts me in good company most of the time. 🙄
I would say taking discipline out of the schools has more to do with it than prayer. I don't recall ever having to pray in school - unless you count saying the Pledge (one nation under god) a prayer. I suppose if you went to Catholic school they would make you pray.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I would say taking discipline out of the schools has more to do with it than prayer. I don't recall ever having to pray in school - unless you count saying the Pledge (one nation under god) a prayer. I suppose if you went to Catholic school they would make you pray.
Yeah! Kick their asses!

tramtwo

Exactly