The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Anybody care to educate me on any negative things I might not have heard about him yet?

I live in MD. During the campaign, he said his two major issues are climate change and racial justice. I'm not being hyperbolic but he's about as left-wing as you get although the Lt. Governor makes him look like Rush Limbaugh by comparison.

He was voted in by the usual left-wing constituency of poor urban blacks in Baltimore and the DC burbs and wealthy white liberals in Montgomery and Howard counties.

He's also highly ambitious. I refer to him as President Moore.

Next Day Err

Feels a lot like the before and after of the election last year. Seems there might be some common denominators involved because a lot of people are very unhappy with how things are going but Republicans are still underperforming.
I still think Trump could do well and even win. I think Republicans have been sucked into his world.

I alone can fix it.

His base has subconsciously bought this line. They’ve lost interest in other causes and other candidates as organizing principles. Definitely several Republicans have won across the country but not many MAGA candidates.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yeah, a bunch of college students turned out to legalize pot and threw abortion in because no telling what might happen when they're high. The people have spoken!
Ridicule all you like, but this is the exact proof of my earlier statement that younger voters ( Zoomers) are absolutely against Boomers and Boomer policies and will be a huge influence on all elections.
It’s funny when the Republicans get upset because their actual policies aren’t popular with voters

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1699453452566.png

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The Democrats had a very good night in the November 7 elections. I don’t think all of the polls about the Dems being on the ropes are ringing true. It’s also worth noting Trump backed candidates are picking up their losing streaks that started in 2022

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Rick Santorum is butt hurt over last nights loss in Ohio and says Pure Democracy isn’t the way to run the country. This pairs well with Trump already stating he will invoke the Insurrection act if he is re-elected and House Speaker Johnson saying Social Security should be abolished. When they tell you what they stand for you should listen

Next Day Err

Rick Santorum is butt hurt over last nights loss in Ohio and says Pure Democracy isn’t the way to run the country. This pairs well with Trump already stating he will invoke the Insurrection act if he is re-elected and House Speaker Johnson saying Social Security should be abolished. When they tell you what they stand for you should listen
To be fair I don’t think Trump remarked on the Insurrection Act but rather some of his former inner circle. Going off memory only though.

Santorum is butthurt about ANY democracy. We don’t have pure democracy anyway, but a representative democracy.

vantexan

Ridicule all you like, but this is the exact proof of my earlier statement that younger voters ( Zoomers) are absolutely against Boomers and Boomer policies and will be a huge influence on all elections.
It’s funny when the Republicans get upset because their actual policies aren’t popular with voters
Young adults have always been more liberal. It's when they grow up, start families, pay taxes, take on responsibility that they become more conservative. It's not "Boomer policies" as if it's a generational thing that will end when all the Boomers are gone. The difference today is because of less opportunity and the weakening of social norms young adults are avoiding getting married and are aborting children they made by accident and can't afford. So yeah, they're making sure they're covered when they vote. But don't kid yourself. Baby Boomers are still the largest generation and for a few more years at least will have influence. So we'll see what matters most to voters in '24.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.
That explains a lot of the older idiots on here.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Young adults have always been more liberal. It's when they grow up, start families, pay taxes, take on responsibility that they become more conservative. It's not "Boomer policies" as if it's a generational thing that will end when all the Boomers are gone. The difference today is because of less opportunity and the weakening of social norms young adults are avoiding getting married and are aborting children they made by accident and can't afford. So yeah, they're making sure they're covered when they vote. But don't kid yourself. Baby Boomers are still the largest generation and for a few more years at least will have influence. So we'll see what matters most to voters in '24.
Boomers are dying out every day and Zoomers are growing every day. As I have told you, (and enjoy telling you once again )the impact of these young voters was seen on the presidential election of 2020, the midterms earlier this year as well the most recent elections. Republicans are losing more and more ground due to these young voters every election.

vantexan

Boomers are dying out every day and Zoomers are growing every day. As I have told you, (and enjoy telling you once again )the impact of these young voters was seen on the presidential election of 2020, the midterms earlier this year as well the most recent elections. Republicans are losing more and more ground due to these young voters every election.
Trump got more votes than any sitting president in history in 2020. Meanwhile 2024 voters will have had four years of Biden to compare. Trump is polling 22% support among African Americans, 10% higher than the 12% who voted for him in 2020. And Hispanics in general don't like the social issues that the far Left has been pushing. Democrats need that coalition to win. It's not for nothing your party is alarmed at the latest polls. If you're going to tell me I'm making this up then you aren't seriously following politics.

Box Ox

vantexan

Good. Haley would be easy for people to vote for over Biden if Trump isn't the candidate next year for whatever reason.
Not a real fan of any of them except I think DeSantis would still do a good job running the country. But I think Ramaswamy is right that Haley is a neocon who would get us into more wars at the behest of military contractors. Scott seems like an honorable man but has no administrative experience at this level.