The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

newolddude

Desantis is a coward. Such tough talk and then he goes and crawls right up Trump's ass.

How badly would we have gotten our ass kicked in WWII if these people were running the show? They'd probably be congratulating Japan for their strategic brilliance after Pearl Harbor and trying to court-martial half the Navy.

Next Day Err

Maybe someone will rob you. But it's ok. They don't break any other laws. Or fraud is getting bad. Neither are violent so you can't complain about that. Oh I have a good one. Just become a squatter in your house.
You just summed up why our immigration system is broken and needs reform. You didn’t make a great case for deporting every last person and getting rid of green cards.

This is a solvable issue but the Republicans won’t help solve it in a productive way because they benefit from complaining about it. The Democrats won’t solve it in productive way because they benefit from voters who are flabbergasted with the Republican view on immigration. Pretty sad state of affairs.

Box Ox

Illegals don’t vote at all.

Good lord. Lol
Do you support a path to citizenship for people who came here illegally?
I don't have a hard and fast view on this... I could be persuaded to put folks on a 10+ year waiting list to be granted the chance to become American citizens if they work and keep their noses clean and pay federal, state and local taxes. Or maybe no citizenship chance at all until they save up a certain amount of money to offset the initial burden they may place on state and local government. I'm just not sure. But I know one thing for sure: this is a solvable problem and it's an abomination that it hasn't been properly addressed.

So your answer is yes, you do support a path to citizenship for people who came here illegally. No need for the argument escape hatch with the "maybe no citizenship change if they don't save up a certain amount of money" stuff. You think not granting illegal immigrants citizenship is an abomination.

The Democrats won’t solve it in productive way because they benefit from voters who are flabbergasted with the Republican view on immigration.

That illegal immigration is bad and our government shouldn't facilitate it?

Brown Down

You just summed up why our immigration system is broken and needs reform. You didn’t make a great case for deporting every last person and getting rid of green cards.

This is a solvable issue but the Republicans won’t help solve it in a productive way because they benefit from complaining about it. The Democrats won’t solve it in productive way because they benefit from voters who are flabbergasted with the Republican view on immigration. Pretty sad state of affairs.
It's called turn them away at the border. How much simpler is it? And when did green card become illegals? They are here under school or work restrictions or laws. They break them they go bye bye. You talk on things your clueless about.

Brown Down

So your answer is yes, you do support a path to citizenship for people who came here illegally. No need for the argument escape hatch with the "maybe no citizenship change if they don't save up a certain amount of money" stuff. You think not granting illegal immigrants citizenship is an abomination.

That illegal immigration is bad and our government shouldn't facilitate it?
Here is my honest take on it. Step 1 shut it down completely except for the checkpoints we have. Turn them away instantly. Step 2 come up with some other paths to citezenship via for lack of a better term probation. They need to have either skills or willingness to learn them. They would still have to enter this country via checkpoints.and go through a vetting process. Ie no murderers/ repists, terrorists, etc.

Box Ox

It's called turn them away at the border. How much simpler is it?

Now he'll tell you that it's actually not so simple because he doesn't want to just say that he's for illegal immigration.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
IMG_1966.jpeg