The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

Not talking about that.

Here's an example of what I am talking about: If I'm in a room full of Democrats and I say men can't be women and vice-versa, would they believe that I'm a Democratic voter? Would they even allow me to remain in the room with them?

What if in that same room I say that illegal immigrants should be deported? That criminals should be jailed? That DEI is whacky? That slavery reparations are a bad idea? That there shouldn't be blowjob books in school libraries?
Tulsi? Tulsi Gabbard? Is that you?
gm.gif

vantexan

If any of that is true, then why is the Governor of Texas, at Texas tax payers expense, shipping illegals all over the country?
Because trying to support millions of newcomers in one state far outweighs the benefit of more representation. And for the millionth time the Federal government and NGO's have bused and flown in many, many more illegals than Texas has. Abbott has been focusing on two major cities due to their sanctuary city policies. He's making a point that overwhelming numbers are harming his state and the only way to make others realize that is by their sharing the burden. Now I fully expect you to once again ignore this and claim it's Abbott behind the shipping of illegals all over the country.

Here's the downside to New York and other liberal states keeping their representation due to all the illegals being shipped in. Their policies have incentivized many of the wealthy to move to more tax friendly states. The illegals increase the welfare burden on the state without adding to the tax base the fleeing wealthy have taken with them. So liberals are setting themselves up to fail.

Box Ox

Here's the downside to New York and other liberal states keeping their representation due to all the illegals being shipped in. Their policies have incentivized many of the wealthy to move to more tax friendly states. The illegals increase the welfare burden on the state without adding to the tax base the fleeing wealthy have taken with them. So liberals are setting themselves up to fail.

True. But a lot of, for example, New Yorkers do tend to bring New York with them. Their state may have become a rathole but that's often not enough to change them politically. And the result is seen in education, government etc over time. So it seems like neither side really fully wins.

vantexan

True. But a lot of, for example, New Yorkers do tend to bring New York with them. Their state may have become a rathole but that's often not enough to change them politically. And the result is seen in education, government etc over time. So it seems like neither side really fully wins.
That seems to be more a problem with Texas than Florida though. All the conservative newcomers have turned Florida clearly red. A lot of tech firms have moved to Texas bringing their liberal employees with them.

Box Ox

That seems to be more a problem with Texas than Florida though. All the conservative newcomers have turned Florida clearly red. A lot of tech firms have moved to Texas bringing their liberal employees with them.

We're having a lot more of the Texas type of experience where I am.

Mutineer

Then Putin and Xi are winning if they’ve convinced you that Democrats are your enemies.

Putin and Xi had nothing to do with it. Over the past thirty years, Democrats have turned my state and community into a place where my demographic is constantly displaced, and routinely demonized and belittled.

Democrat policies have driven away blue-collar industries, and replaced them with hotels, boutiques, pot dens, and wineries.

I have multiple friends and family members who have left with their businesses and occupations due to having been driven out of California by Democrat endorsed laws and regulations.

All affordable housing and entry-level jobs have become the province of immigrants who receive gov't housing vouchers while citizens struggle with chronic job and housing insecurity. Upon becoming adults, native-born citizens have to move away to other states in order to find affordable housing and employment.

I plainly remember when my state was red. Don't patronize me while your ilk and self anointed tolerant free thinkers have been dumping piss on me for my entire adult life, and then have the nerve to tell me it's " just warm, summer rain."

Mutineer

What’s your demographic? Which demographics are replacing you?

My demographic consists of much of what you despise, and find impossible to relate to. Although I do NOT feel 'safer' in the presence of police, and I believe religion is a bigger scam than carbon offsets and climate change combined.

Those who I complain about are rich, white, urban liberals. And their pet immigrant entourage.

My experiences and observed outcomes simply don't match the vast majority of contrived liberal platitudes; and the vapid, canned narratives that go with them.

Next Day Err

My demographic consists of much of what you despise, and find impossible to relate to. Although I do NOT feel 'safer' in the presence of police, and I believe religion is a bigger scam than carbon offsets and climate change combined.

Those who I complain about are rich, white, urban liberals. And their pet immigrant entourage.

My experiences and observed outcomes simply don't match the vast majority of contrived liberal platitudes; and the vapid, canned narratives that go with them.
Small towns, small minds?