The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Thebrownblob

It points to President Biden’s respect for the constitutional order. In contrast with Trump’s hysterical trashing of the entire judicial system. It’s not even close for me.

How can there be constitutional order out of an unconstitutional rule? Should’ve been nullified by the brain dead jury.

vantexan

Personally, I would think less of him if he did not pardon his son for something as trivial as this. And then as president I would work to throw that nonsense off that form. It helps no one.
Hunter should definitely get some time for this. Remember that the prosecution and the defense colluded on a sweetheart deal they tried to sneak past the judge. When that fell apart Hunter insisted on a jury trial instead of just taking a plea deal that would've insured no jail time. He was counting on jury nullification because he was a Biden in Wilmington, DE. No matter how trivial the underlying charge if he is going to try to game the system because of perceived privilege then he should get some time to reflect on his deeds.

Thebrownblob

Hunter should definitely get some time for this. Remember that the prosecution and the defense colluded on a sweetheart deal they tried to sneak past the judge. When that fell apart Hunter insisted on a jury trial instead of just taking a plea deal that would've insured no jail time. He was counting on jury nullification because he was a Biden in Wilmington, DE. No matter how trivial the underlying charge if he is going to try to game the system because of perceived privilege then he should get some time to reflect on his deeds.
You’re missing the point I believe there’s plenty of things he could be in trouble for, this is not one of them nor should ever been for anyone. Asking you to violate your fifth amendment so that they can take your second amendment is not constitutional.

Box Ox

Personally, I would think less of him if he did not pardon his son for something as trivial as this.
Agree. Joe just has to say he won't pardon Hunter until the election because Hunter's conviction is the tool the Democrats are using to try and argue that Trump's conviction was legitimate.
It points to President Biden’s respect for the constitutional order. In contrast with Trump’s hysterical trashing of the entire judicial system. It’s not even close for me.
See? It's now an election talking point for the Democrats.
It’s a :censored2:ing legitimate talking point.

If you believe the cases against Hunter and Trump were equally legitimate. I get that you believe they were. I wish they were but I can't convince myself that they were.

vantexan

You’re missing the point I believe there’s plenty of things he could be in trouble for, this is not one of them nor should ever been for anyone. Asking you to violate your fifth amendment so that they can take your second amendment is not constitutional.
They didn't take his 2nd Amendment away. He did that.

Thebrownblob

They didn't take his 2nd Amendment away. He did that.

You never failed to amaze me how much you love your government overlords taking your rights from you lol.

You’ve managed to live on your knees your whole life. It’s working great for you.

Maybe they could’ve put him in jail for contempt of Congress like they’re doing Steve Bannon maybe that would’ve been legitimate?

vantexan

You never failed to amaze me how much you love your government overlords taking your rights from you lol.

You’ve managed to live on your knees your whole life. It’s working great for you.

Maybe they could’ve put him in jail for contempt of Congress like they’re doing Steve Bannon maybe that would’ve been legitimate?
Here's the thing. It's on the books as a felony. You want them to ignore it. At the same time Hunter's team is very well aware of what lies out there legally after Joe leaves office, assuming Trump wins and the Republicans keep the House. They tried to use this case as a backdoor to permanent immunity for Hunter from any future Federal prosecution. You're very sensitive about your gun rights. I get that. But don't get lost in the weeds. This was about a spoiled brat having been covered by a corrupt system for many years. About time he got snagged on something. Let him get convicted on this and the tax charges. Big deal, Daddy will save him. The real fun starts as soon as Trump gets sworn in.

vantexan

And for Pete's sake would get.you get over the living on your knees BS. If you think they're evil, etc then refuse to pay your taxes. Stick your finger in their eye. Until then it's all rhetoric.

Thebrownblob

Here's the thing. It's on the books as a felony. You want them to ignore it. At the same time Hunter's team is very well aware of what lies out there legally after Joe leaves office, assuming Trump wins and the Republicans keep the House. They tried to use this case as a backdoor to permanent immunity for Hunter from any future Federal prosecution. You're very sensitive about your gun rights. I get that. But don't get lost in the weeds. This was about a spoiled brat having been covered by a corrupt system for many years. About time he got snagged on something. Let him get convicted on this and the tax charges. Big deal, Daddy will save him. The real fun starts as soon as Trump gets sworn in.
I want the jury to nullify it because it’s a BS rule, you basically said millions and millions of gunowners all over the country are now felons because their state says it’s legal to do what they’re doing but a federal agency can bust down their door and put them in prison.

Thebrownblob

And for Pete's sake would get.you get over the living on your knees BS. If you think they're evil, etc then refuse to pay your taxes. Stick your finger in their eye. Until then it's all rhetoric.
Asking that a bureaucratic federal agency that has no authority to do what they’re doing to follow The constitution is rhetoric? OK sure.

vantexan

If every possible outcome of Hunter’s trial points to the system being rigged… maybe your position is bull:censored2:.
They tried to sneak a plea deal past the judge that would've made Hunter immune from any future Federal prosecution. After that was discovered they had no choice but to go forward with a legitimate prosecution. Could've still taken a plea but Hunter thought, or whoever was counseling thought, that in Wilmington he'd get off. At worst a hung jury. Glad it worked out well for him.

Thebrownblob

They tried to sneak a plea deal past the judge that would've made Hunter immune from any future Federal prosecution. After that was discovered they had no choice but to go forward with a legitimate prosecution. Could've still taken a plea but Hunter thought, or whoever was counseling thought, that in Wilmington he'd get off. At worst a hung jury. Glad it worked out well for him.
Wow, you got a great conviction. He won’t do a day in jail. Just as brain dead as the lefties jumping around about Trump’s conviction.

vantexan

I want the jury to nullify it because it’s a BS rule, you basically said millions and millions of gunowners all over the country are now felons because their state says it’s legal to do what they’re doing but a federal agency can bust down their door and put them in prison.
Are you assuming that millions of gun owners lied on their application? Did you know there was drug residue in the baggie the gun was in when found in the dumpster? Can you cite where the Feds are breaking down doors of pot smokers because they own guns too? Here's an idea, if the application states that it's a felony to not answer truthfully then answer truthfully. If you can't then don't buy a gun until you can. One of the main reasons this country is so :censored2:ed up is rampant drug use. Gets no sympathy from me.

vantexan

Wow, you got a great conviction. He won’t do a day in jail. Just as brain dead as the lefties jumping around about Trump’s conviction.
With all he's been getting away with due to collusion between the government and the media I'll take any conviction he gets. I hope he's put in jail for a few months before the election and force Joe to decide whether to let him suffer until after the election or look bad pardoning him. But most likely he'll be out on appeal until after the election.

Thebrownblob

Are you assuming that millions of gun owners lied on their application? Did you know there was drug residue in the baggie the gun was in when found in the dumpster? Can you cite where the Feds are breaking down doors of pot smokers because they own guns too? Here's an idea, if the application states that it's a felony to not answer truthfully then answer truthfully. If you can't then don't buy a gun until you can. One of the main reasons this country is so :censored2:ed up is rampant drug use. Gets no sympathy from me.
Again, so you have no problem with telling someone to violate their fifth amendment right to not incriminate themselves? Lol
You are nothing more than a political. This is a political game to you. It’s not political to me. This is gonna hurt real people because most times people don’t even go to jail for this so called crime. It’s amazing how narrow your scope of view is when you’ve seen the ATF the FBI do things we never thought they would do because they can because of people like you saying it’s OK maybe they haven’t yet but they sure will eventually and anytime they want to. And when they do, you’ll say well, they broke the law lol