The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Doublestandards

No.
Read my post again.
You said abortion, or killing babies as you call it, is rarely acceptable and not always murder. I asked what that situation would be, and you said protecting another life

The only situation I can think of where abortion would be saving another life is if the mothers life is in harm due to the pregnancy.

So if that is not the situation, what is the situation where it is acceptable, in your opinion?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you’re saying the mothers life is not more valuable than the babies, then why would it be acceptable to purposely kill the baby to potentially save the mother?
If a brilliant scientist who is curing cancer tries to kill a drug dealer who slept with his wife, is it murder for the drug dealer to kill the scientist in self defense?

The "value" society places on their lives is irrelevant to the question of whether the killing is murder or not.

Doublestandards

If a brilliant scientist who is curing cancer tries to kill a drug dealer who slept with his wife, is it murder for the drug dealer to kill the scientist in self defense?

The "value" society places on their lives is irrelevant to the question of whether the killing is murder or not.

You said saving a mothers life is one of the rare situations where abortion is acceptable. You also said the mothers life is not more valuable than the babies life.

Then why do you think it is okay to purposely kill a baby to potentially save the mothers life?

vantexan

You said saving a mothers life is one of the rare situations where abortion is acceptable. You also said the mothers life is not more valuable than the babies life.

Then why do you think it is okay to purposely kill a baby to potentially save the mothers life?
I knew a lady when I was a teenager who refused to abort her baby even though having the baby might kill her. She was the mother of 5 kids if I remember right and couldn't bear the thought of killing her child. She did die in childbirth.

There are people who'd rather die than kill their unborn child. Some things matter more to them than inconvenience. In states where the majority feel that way then the majority should rule on the matter. The Supreme Court returned that determination to the States. If you don't agree you are free to move to a state that's more inline with your thinking. You are pointing out the exceptions but you forget that we had over 50 years of Roe vs Wade where 60 million+ babies were aborted. Some were due to exceptions like incest and rape but most were a matter of convenience to cover up indiscretions. That's what this is about.