The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Next Day Err

Not just some.
To the majority of Americans.
I'd wager that close to 100% of men in either political party would move heaven and Earth to get their wives to a doctor if she had pregnancy complications in even the 9th month. These men wouldn't think twice if the doctor said "your wife needs to terminate the pregnancy so we can save her health and life, I'm sorry."

Is this radical?

Pullman Brown

I'd wager that close to 100% of men in either political party would move heaven and Earth to get their wives to a doctor if she had pregnancy complications in even the 9th month. These men wouldn't think twice if the doctor said "your wife needs to terminate the pregnancy so we can save her health and life, I'm sorry."

Is this radical?
Again this is the fallacy of exception. 99 percent of abortions have nothing to do with this.

Next Day Err

Again this is the fallacy of exception. 99 percent of abortions have nothing to do with this.
Abortions in the ninth month of pregnancy are extremely rare. According to data from organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Guttmacher Institute, abortions after 24 weeks, when the fetus is considered viable, account for less than 1% of all abortions in the United States. Abortions in the ninth month (around 36-40 weeks) are even rarer and are typically performed under extraordinary circumstances.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Abortions in the ninth month of pregnancy are extremely rare. According to data from organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Guttmacher Institute, abortions after 24 weeks, when the fetus is considered viable, account for less than 1% of all abortions in the United States. Abortions in the ninth month (around 36-40 weeks) are even rarer and are typically performed under extraordinary circumstances.
Yet you defend protecting a woman's 'right' to that procedure!

Do you have any idea how many times a doctor has been wrong in assessing the danger to the woman in this situation?

Pullman Brown

When women and child’s lives are both at risk is very rare. God fearing people welcome death. For them death is a reward not something to shrink back from! Every society that is and has celebrated the murder of children is no more! Time is ticking. Amend your ways! 2900 a day!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Do you? Tell us, wise one, how many times doctors have been wrong about the necessity of an abortion for the life and health of the mother.

Doctors make a wrong diagnosis between 10–20% of the time.

But I guess that is acceptable collateral damage for you when you don't respect the value of life.

Next Day Err

Doctors make a wrong diagnosis between 10–20% of the time.

But I guess that is acceptable collateral damage for you when you don't respect the value of life.
If doctors make the wrong decision 20% of the time that leads to an abortion, it stands to reason that they make the wrong decision 20% of the time that doesn’t lead to abortion that further leads to an adverse health outcome for the woman.

Logic.