The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It’s all Kabuki theater. Who in their right mind doesn’t think an electronic voting machine can’t be hacked? They hack banks, the pentagon, the grid, the phones, need I go on? Yet we’re to believe our election machines can’t be hacked. N….. please
IMG_5247.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
@BadIdeaGuy you know more about this than I do, do you know what the difference is between these two types of betting odds, and why one favors Harris while the other favors Trump? I don’t understand it. Seems like a big difference also

View attachment 499201

The only one of those that is actual betting is Polymarket.

The rest are just polls.

Prediction markets are still infants here in the US.

Polymarket is crypto based, and offshore.
Predictit is probably the best known here in the US. (And fully legal to use.)
Kalshi is a newer one that is legal and regulated in the US too, but I haven't used it. They had to sue the CFTC to be allowed to operate.

Iowa electronic markets is older than dirt and has no volume.

Kalshi has Trump at 61%, Polymarket 64%, and Predictit 60%.

Those are the only places in the US that I know of to place a wager. (And Polymarket doesn't allow deposits from declared US citizens)

If you can *find* the odds they're talking about in the article elsewhere, don't gamble. Arbitrage the difference, and guarantee yourself a nice payday.

Nolimitz

Trump’s singularly corrosive approach to military tradition was in evidence as recently as August, when he described the Medal of Honor, the nation’s top award for heroism and selflessness in combat, as inferior to the Medal of Freedom, which is awarded to civilians for career achievement. During a campaign speech, he described Medal of Honor recipients as “either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets or they’re dead,” prompting the Veterans of Foreign Wars to issue a condemnation: “These asinine comments not only diminish the significance of our nation’s highest award for valor, but also crassly characterizes the sacrifices of those who have risked their lives above and beyond the call of duty.”

Next Day Err

Trump’s singularly corrosive approach to military tradition was in evidence as recently as August, when he described the Medal of Honor, the nation’s top award for heroism and selflessness in combat, as inferior to the Medal of Freedom, which is awarded to civilians for career achievement. During a campaign speech, he described Medal of Honor recipients as “either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets or they’re dead,” prompting the Veterans of Foreign Wars to issue a condemnation: “These asinine comments not only diminish the significance of our nation’s highest award for valor, but also crassly characterizes the sacrifices of those who have risked their lives above and beyond the call of duty.”
He is disgusting.

Next Day Err

Trump allies who have faced consequences for their lies and crimes:

Steve Bannon
Peter Navarro
Paul Manafort
Jeffrey Clark
John Eastman
Jenna Ellis
Kenneth Chesebro
Sidney Powell
Michael Flynn
Allen Weisselberg
Roger Stone
Rudy Guiliani
Fox News

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No matter who wins or loses, the other side will say the outcome was rigged.

Anyone that thinks their side is special with regards to that is being very creative with the truth.
I agree.

The "free and fair" alliterative propaganda phrase was so ubiquitous completely out of nowhere it seems almost coordinated.

Democrats have been objecting to elections forever and so have Republicans. We've also got a long history of election cheating in this country. But all the sudden no one is allowed to talk about it.

rod

Retired 23 years
A courier in the Minneapolis area was fired a couple of days ago for leaving his vehicles hatch-back wide open with boxes of early voter's ballots just sitting there for anyone to come along and tamper with. Wide open with no one around to watch them.

Doublestandards

So you would oppose a move to deny Trump's win under the basis he is an insurrectionist so ineligible for office?
I personally would not be opposed to that, I believe he knew he lost the election and he tried to steal it, and he should face consequences for that

Unless I’m wrong though, the courts decided that is not the case and he is able to run, so it is what it is

Edit: I read it wrong, I didn’t see “trumps win”, I thought you meant him running in the first place
No, of course not. If he is legally allowed to win, and he wins the election, he is president