The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Didn't say I think it's normal. It's not. But the game of what's normal probably isn't one the Democrats really want to play during an election season.
Who’s playing games? The democrats certainly do not make him say these insane things.
At any rate I’m betting an 80 year old man admiring another man’s penis whilst campaigning for the office of president has never been heard before

Appvol

Who’s playing games? The democrats certainly do not make him say these insane things.
At any rate I’m betting an 80 year old man admiring another man’s penis whilst campaigning for the office of president has never been heard before
Obama made a joke at the DNC convention about Trump private parts

Box Ox

As a lifelong straight ticket Democratic voter until the leftists came along I have no problem with it if Trump likes to think about and occasionally mention Arnold Palmer’s penis at his rallies.

Appvol

““The provisions in [the directive] are not new, and do not authorize the Secretary of Defense to use lethal force against U.S. citizens, contrary to rumors and rhetoric circulating on social media,” Sue Gough, a Department of Defense spokesperson, said Wednesday night.”

Joseph Nunn, a lawyer with the Liberty & National Security program at the nonpartisan Brennan Center for Justice, and a leading expert on domestic uses of the military, had a clear response to the social media storm.

“There’s nothing here,” he said. “People like Michael Flynn should know how to read a DOD directive.”

Contrary to claims online, DOD Directive 5240.01, which had last been updated in 2020, does not grant any new powers to the military. That’s not how military directives work. Like them or not, all military policies are subject to U.S. law; they do not create new legal authorities.

Directive 5240.01 has a narrow focus: It only addresses military intelligence, and the section that has circulated online specifically deals with intelligence assistance to civilian law enforcement.

The paragraph that contains the term “lethal force” refers to a requirement that the Secretary of Defense—the highest level of the Defense Department—must now authorize military intelligence assistance to civilian law enforcement when lethal force might be involved.

Yelp it’s only not true when the Democrats do it or I forgot it’s misinformation

Appvol

As a lifelong straight ticket Democratic voter until the leftists came along I have no problem with it if Trump likes to think about and occasionally mention Arnold Palmer’s penis at his rallies.
No wonder Palmer was such a good golfer.

happy-golf.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I absolutely did not have The Orange Convicted Felon admiring Arnold Palmer’s Penis on my bingo card
Do you think it’s normal for an almost 80 year old man to be discussing another man’s penis whilst campaigning for president?
So you think it’s normal for a man that is nearly 80 to speak about admiring another man’s penis whilst campaigning for the office of President?
Old news buddy.

Go listen to the Joe Rogan podcast to get some new material.

Next Day Err

We get it; you and some others here think trans people aren't who they say they are. Or they're unnatural. But you know what else people thought was unnatural or unbefitting of civil society? Gay people. Interracial marriage. Abortion. A woman's right to credit markets and education. Clean air and clean water laws. No fault divorces. Mental healthcare... I could go on.

Progressives push society in a fairer direction. You may think transgender people are strange and unnatural or a bunch of fakers but that too will change when progressives continue to have to drag the rest of society forward into a better future where there are more rights, not fewer.

Pullman Brown

We get it; you and some others here think trans people aren't who they say they are. Or they're unnatural. But you know what else people thought was unnatural or unbefitting of civil society? Gay people. Interracial marriage. Abortion. A woman's right to credit markets and education. Clean air and clean water laws. No fault divorces. Mental healthcare... I could go on.

Progressives push society in a fairer direction. You may think transgender people are strange and unnatural or a bunch of fakers but that too will change when progressives continue to have to drag the rest of society forward into a better future where there are more rights, not fewer.
You really are a communist!

Appvol

Now that is some DNC talking points

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
progressives continue to have to drag the rest of society forward into a better future where there are more rights, not fewer.
You're not dragging society forward you're dragging it backwards.

Heathens were castrating children and sacrificing them to Moloch thousands of years ago. They were engaged in disgusting sexual perversions in Roman temples.

Christianity lifted societies up.
You people want to tear them down.

Next Day Err

Pullman Brown

Christianity is fine. It just doesn't belong in government. The government should remain neutral on religion and not promote any specific religion. In America. If you don't like that you're free to move to Hungary.
So you don’t think secularism is a religion? Everybody legislates a morality and tries to organize their social order according to their beliefs. There is no neutrality. I don’t blame you for thinking this way, because most citizens do. But the first amendment was about keeping the federal part of government from Anglicizing the colonies, ie.. no national denomination.

This is why you have to understand the world and previous Protestants vs Catholic, Presbyterians vs Anglican worlds that led to so much of our civil liberties and freedoms. We don’t have the Crown or Parliament or Pope ruling over us but it is a lie lie lie that the citizens of this country were not mostly Protestants Christians who gave us the Constitution etc… Like I said early you are living under the post -1960’s Constitution.By what standard are you going to order your individual, family, local, state, and national jurisdictions. Not everybody in that world were baptized Christians but they knew that where they lived was Christian and assimilated accordingly. It truly is two different social visions!