The new plan,pt do p1

MassWineGuy

So my senior manager told me about a week ago if I wanted to keep my current route, nothing would change. Today I learned that my route’s going to be absorbed by one of the morning people under the new schedule. And my new route hours will be 1:10 to 5:45 pm. Odd in itself, and an hour or so less than what I work now. I will, however, make it up and more by continuing to do doc sort in the pm sort.

At the moment, my new pickup route is in this awful, congested small city with lots of traffic and one way streets. But my manager offered another area that’s preferable in many ways. I’ll think about it over the weekend.

It is mighty fine to have an excellent manager.

Stat41

was thinking about the min 35 hrs too. If I only get 6 a day under new plan no way will the min 35 stick around if you dont work enough. I heard lot of new hires are"casual". How long do they think they will stick around and what about call outs,lol. We will be on the road and station shorthanded to del the 2nd wave unless they bring it out to us or have a casual do two "rtes" I wonder who in MEM thought up this idea anyway and Fred signed off on it? Can't wait to see peak under this plan.
About to find out 3-29.
During peak I suspect they will once again ask us to go "above and beyond" to make their failure of a plan work. As for me, uh uhhh. They have dipped into that well one too many times. I will follow their plan and let the chips fall where they may.

Stat41

So my senior manager told me about a week ago if I wanted to keep my current route, nothing would change. Today I learned that my route’s going to be absorbed by one of the morning people under the new schedule. And my new route hours will be 1:10 to 5:45 pm. Odd in itself, and an hour or so less than what I work now. I will, however, make it up and more by continuing to do doc sort in the pm sort.

At the moment, my new pickup route is in this awful, congested small city with lots of traffic and one way streets. But my manager offered another area that’s preferable in many ways. I’ll think about it over the weekend.

It is mighty fine to have an excellent manager.
What? A one manager telling you one thing and then another doing something else. I am shocked, shocked I tell you!! Dano needs to read this. In my experience this is a common thing. Bad communication and no integrity in management. If the senior told you nothing would change, he should have the presence of character to keep his word. Period.

MassWineGuy

I quite agree, and I am definitely going to speak with the sm about it. My own manager was pretty much in the dark about the impending changes. I’m so grateful that the company values us so much. I don’t want to imagine how they would treat us if they didn’t.

!Retired!

I was told by the engineer my route will be losing about 30%. As long as they want to pay me minimums, I can deal with going home at 1:00

McFeely

Huge Member
I was told by the engineer my route will be losing about 30%. As long as they want to pay me minimums, I can deal with going home at 1:00

I just saw the maps for my area after RESPONSE starts...engineer has zero idea how many stops I'll be losing, but my area doubles in size and adds another town. Gonna be interesting!

Stat41

I just saw the maps for my area after RESPONSE starts...engineer has zero idea how many stops I'll be losing, but my area doubles in size and adds another town. Gonna be interesting!
Yep. Less stops in double the area. Sounds like a great way to improve service and efficiency doesn't it? :wink2:

McFeely

Huge Member
Yep. Less stops in double the area. Sounds like a great way to improve service and efficiency doesn't it? :wink2:

We're also being told that we'll need to use the turn-by-turn directions and delivery sequence in the Leo. Evidently this is a huge push from upper management.

So much for route knowledge and efficiency.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We're also being told that we'll need to use the turn-by-turn directions and delivery sequence in the Leo. Evidently this is a huge push from upper management.

So much for route knowledge and efficiency.
I haven’t heard that yet. Will definitely be ignoring that order. I barely make the CTV most days now. If I followed the stop order in the LEO now I’d be getting back at midnight. lol.

McFeely

Huge Member
We were told that we only have one engineer for our market who is supposed to be setting this all up. What about you guys?

Our engineer I believe has 3 stations that roll up under his control. How this guy has a job, I have no idea. I sat with him once at his computer going over my P1 area and he just looked at me and asked me "how do you even DO this amount of stops before 1200?"

Like I said a couple posts up, he doesn't even have an idea of how many stops I'll be losing or how long my day will be. My ops manager recently told me "the goal is to have all of the morning FT routes back and off the clock by 1500".

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our engineer I believe has 3 stations that roll up under his control. How this guy has a job, I have no idea. I sat with him once at his computer going over my P1 area and he just looked at me and asked me "how do you even DO this amount of stops before 1200?"

Like I said a couple posts up, he doesn't even have an idea of how many stops I'll be losing or how long my day will be. My ops manager recently told me "the goal is to have all of the morning FT routes back and off the clock by 1500".
I have always avoided engineers whenever possible but from observing them, they seem dumb as a box of rocks. I also wonder how they have jobs. They must pull the biggest fleece jobs ever! Lol.

MassWineGuy

Turn by turn definitely won’t happen. I’ve never used that on Leo, but I do mostly pickups. How does it work and does anyone use it successfully?

Thinking about my new start/end times. Sounds like an engineer’s model of what perfect would be. Like the leave and return to station times on delivery manifests. Traffic? What traffic?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Turn by turn definitely won’t happen. I’ve never used that on Leo, but I do mostly pickups. How does it work and does anyone use it successfully?

Thinking about my new start/end times. Sounds like an engineer’s model of what perfect would be. Like the leave and return to station times on delivery manifests. Traffic? What traffic?
Leave and return to station times are fantasy.

NC man

Will be glad to be off 1500

DeliveryException

Turn by turn at my station is just the DRA plan sent to the LEO. Most days DRA has my last few P1 as 1030 commits. If I used turn by turn as listed those would be closer to noon if not after since the system can't seem to grasp that having 16 p1 apartments mixed in there takes longer to do than regular house stops.

I am guessing the second sort won't change my stop totals, it will just spread the remaining stops across 2 in the loop instead of 3½. We have a midday route in the loop now but 35-40 is most they can seem to do. The third route has a "casual" running it so it will be easy for them to drop his route.