The new plan,pt do p1

Star B

White Lightening
I don't think Ground has too much to worry about -- yet. because it's fdxg -> corp route owner -> employee -- it's going to be difficult because if you start looking at that model, then you have to start looking at franchises -- and I know McD's, Burger King, etc will throw their cash behind stopping that.

gig workers are the one man van (hmm, who used to do that?) operations where it's the sole prop with the van working for the bigger company -- where the one man has pretty much no leverage over the big fish.

Let's just say, if FXG terminates @IWBFs contract, they have a larger, more complex hole to fill. If FXG terminated one-man-with-a-van, they could find the next sucker with a van to fill it, kind of like firing and replacing an employee.

bacha29

I don't think Ground has too much to worry about -- yet. because it's fdxg -> corp route owner -> employee -- it's going to be difficult because if you start looking at that model, then you have to start looking at franchises -- and I know McD's, Burger King, etc will throw their cash behind stopping that.

gig workers are the one man van (hmm, who used to do that?) operations where it's the sole prop with the van working for the bigger company -- where the one man has pretty much no leverage over the big fish.

Let's just say, if FXG terminates @IWBFs contract, they have a larger, more complex hole to fill. If FXG terminated one-man-with-a-van, they could find the next sucker with a van to fill it, kind of like firing and replacing an employee.
Fat Freddy has a bunch of mercenary "contingency contractors" flying around the country like locusts stepping into service gaps as well as terminal paid temp agency mules and if necessary bring in managers from other terminals to plug the gap. The disruption would end in a matter of a few days. Moreover given that many contractors have every cent of money to their name tied up in the equipment require to serve their one and only customer Fat Freddy can do whatever he wants to them which in turn makes him the equivalent of an abusive spouse hiding behind the excuse of "operational needs" .. "customer service needs" and of course the mighty Fedex "brand" while the powerless abused spouse has no one to turn to and nowhere to go but to keep her mouth and try to hide what's really going on.

Gone fishin

Actually the plan is to have only pilots and handlers be employees, and anyone else will be contractors. The ground model will win out.
Actually this administration is trying to end this type of business. Lyft , Uber are winning lawsuits to become employees with benefits. If anything it’s going the other direction

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
F330ACD5-D32B-4E15-A5B5-1B50B665E592.jpeg

FedEx all the way.

Serf

I remember when most of the mid shift routes were building with more p2 than the day routes. Get to your route area around noon, have 75-95 del and 30 pickups. That’s arguably harder then just rolling out the building with 150 stops

Stat41

As if this debacle wasnt bad enough, we were told that we have to work this Saturday. Its mandatory in order to take care of Mothers Day deliveries AND catch up on all of the freight that has been left because of RESPONSE. Just when I though morale couldnt get worse, and they go and do this! The truth is, the ones responsible for this decision will be on the golf course Saturday while we have to work. We were told this mandate is corporate-wide. Is that true?

McFeely

Huge Member
I’m not working Saturday. They said they’ll probably mandate some people at my station, but I think I’m safe on the mandate list.

dezguy

LOL have to work.

That'll be the day, I come in on my weekend for this company. They get me Monday-Friday. Can't figure your :censored2: out in that time, sucks to be them but it's not affecting my time away from work.

Stat41

Not working either,if not enough volunteers they go to seniority list,bottom up. I’m in top 6 .nice and safe
We were told all full-time employees had to work Saturday and it was corporate-wide. I am shocked they didn't tell us the truth, shocked I tell you!!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were told all full-time employees had to work Saturday and it was corporate-wide. I am shocked they didn't tell us the truth, shocked I tell you!!
We always have to work the Saturday before Mother’s Day so it’s no surprise here, except to new people and recent transferees.

Star B

White Lightening
I'm working Saturday already as part of my normal week -- but we only drafted a 10 extra.

They know better than to "mandate" stuff 'round here because otherwise "cough cough"