The new plan,pt do p1

bacha29

Just keep in mind what Winston Churchill said about Americans..... "Americans always do the right thing.... Right after they've tried everything else".... By the looks of things your company is in the early stages of the "everything else" as it tries to undertake a long overdue attempt at consolidation without running the risk of losing it's RLA exemption the component most responsible for it's actual existence.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just keep in mind what Winston Churchill said about Americans..... "Americans always do the right thing.... Right after they've tried everything else".... By the looks of things your company is in the early stages of the "everything else" as it tries to undertake a long overdue attempt at consolidation without running the risk of losing it's RLA exemption the component most responsible for it's actual existence.
Here's hoping FedEx does lose it.

That'd be funny.

Fergus Mahoney

Something that is such an obvious failure that goes on even one more day definitely reeks of desperation, lack of leadership and any other ideas.

throwaway10

Management is pushing service so someone upstairs is still getting measured by it. We all know what direction $H!+ rolls.
Only on mondays... the rest of the week is no P2 before 1030(or P1) Service doesn't matter I had 4 First Overnights one day last week, I'm not a FO driver, FO drivers were on staff but instructed to do other work...

zeev

Miss sort drivers were done away with at least 10 years ago,service has been gone at least that long, At one time RTDs at small stations would do FOs in a semi.

Stat41

Can you spell Teamsters

Only on mondays... the rest of the week is no P2 before 1030(or P1) Service doesn't matter I had 4 First Overnights one day last week, I'm not a FO driver, FO drivers were on staff but instructed to do other work...
Last Monday I was delivering packages that were due from Tues-Fri from the PREVIOUS WEEK. And Fedex wants to be sure that I make "service" on Monday. Such hippocracy.

McFeely

Huge Member
Just remember, we’re paid by the hour. Up to a point, I don’t mind working a bit longer.

And if we're all honest with ourselves, this is really the only "raise" we're likely to get: OT.

The amount of OT I get weekly certainly beats the standard 2% crap raises that the company has been giving.

fatboy33

And if we're all honest with ourselves, this is really the only "raise" we're likely to get: OT.

The amount of OT I get weekly certainly beats the standard 2% crap raises that the company has been giving.
True but my understanding of this second sort project is to eliminate OT and cut hours.

McFeely

Huge Member
True but my understanding of this second sort project is to eliminate OT and cut hours.

Their goal is to always cut or eliminate OT, but take as much as you can while you can. There will always be late flights and sort delays. Also there will always be couriers who need help late in the day. Embrace the $h!tshow if you can.

throwaway10

It was for that as well.
As well as increasing profit margin, we have a few bulk shippers/receivers who regularly get 1-5 P1, and 100+ SO letters daily, in the past they get them all in one delivery, now the P1 come in the morning on one route and the SO come late afternoon on a midday route. FedEx is trying to force it's hand on these shippers/receivers, unfortunately it's also affecting medical facilities, we have 4 hospitals that now get up to 3 express drivers daily. P1, SO, and midday. The hospitals are not happy. We've also been instructed to Deliver Walmart packages at designated times regardless if shipping closes, we were told "if they want it early, they'll have to pay for P1"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As well as increasing profit margin, we have a few bulk shippers/receivers who regularly get 1-5 P1, and 100+ SO letters daily, in the past they get them all in one delivery, now the P1 come in the morning on one route and the SO come late afternoon on a midday route. FedEx is trying to force it's hand on these shippers/receivers, unfortunately it's also affecting medical facilities, we have 4 hospitals that now get up to 3 express drivers daily. P1, SO, and midday. The hospitals are not happy. We've also been instructed to Deliver Walmart packages at designated times regardless if shipping closes, we were told "if they want it early, they'll have to pay for P1"
Sucks to be them. I don’t have a problem with FedEx doing this. It should only be two deliveries though. Walmart needs to learn also. They've forced delivery companies to jump through their hoops for years. Maybe UPS will start doing the same and force them to have more reasonable receiving hours or take freight through the front.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Sucks to be them. I don’t have a problem with FedEx doing this. It should only be two deliveries though. Walmart needs to learn also. They've forced delivery companies to jump through their hoops for years. Maybe UPS will start doing the same and force them to have more reasonable receiving hours or take freight through the front.
Walmart has an attitude like they’re Area 51 or Ft. Knox. Screw them guys. They need to change their ways as well. Having them on a route is an exercise in pure frustration.