The RIP Thread

pkgdriver

Milli Vanilli lol!
I know you had their CD.
ACAA89A8-CB2D-4182-94EC-1C5C2900112D.jpeg

rod

Retired 23 years
I have friends buried in Arlington that fought for oil. Please don’t.
I'm sorry if you took what I said the wrong way. In no way in hell am I taking away from the bravery and sacrifice that American Servicemen and Women have gone through. What I meant was that WWII was the last time American politicians let the troop commanders fight a war the way that is necessary to win it. Beginning with Korea it was deemed necessary to try to win a war in a nice way (only bombing military targets not whole cities----not killing civilians, etc. etc.) That has not turned out well for us or for the people who are sent to fight these military actions. War is hell and MANY thousands of good people have gave their lives for the politicians to play games. I know because I lost some good friends in Vietnam trying to fight with their hands basically tied and I will be the first one to say "why--what for"? Whether we fight for oil or rubber trees or to supposedly to stop Communism it's a losing battle to try to do it "nicely". The other sides don't play that game.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm sorry if you took what I said the wrong way. In no way in hell am I taking away from the bravery and sacrifice that American Servicemen and Women have gone through. What I meant was that WWII was the last time American politicians let the troop commanders fight a war the way that is necessary to win it. Beginning with Korea it was deemed necessary to try to win a war in a nice way (only bombing military targets not whole cities----not killing civilians, etc. etc.) That has not turned out well for us or for the people who are sent to fight these military actions. War is hell and MANY thousands of good people have gave their lives for the politicians to play games. I know because I lost some good friends in Vietnam trying to fight with their hands basically tied and I will be the first one to say "why--what for"? Whether we fight for oil or rubber trees or to supposedly to stop Communism it's a losing battle to try to do it "nicely". The other sides don't play that game.
TLDR

I gotcha my brother, all good.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Well said @rod bless those men who sacrificed all 🙏

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!