The RIP Thread

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I was setting at a funeral years ago and thought to myself, no one wants to be here, everyone hates going to a funeral so why would I want the last thing I do is having people go where they don’t want to be. I told the wife to have me cremated with no service. Let all my friends and family go about their day and hopefully they will think of me. and I don’t care what you do with my ashes. I told her to sprinkle them in the cats litter box for all I care. After the talk my wife now wants the same.

over9five

Staff member
I don't know why anyone gets buried. You gotta buy the land, then what? Your kids visit your grave once a year, your grandkids twice in their lifetime, then nobody for the rest of eternity. What a waste!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good point; I didn't think of that...
Hate when casket fail happens!

B6KQ__.gif

rod

Retired 23 years
I don't know the legalities of it, but I wonder if you could get a Handyman off of Craigslist to build one out of particleboard...

I don't believe there are any laws as to what you can be buried in. There are laws that make to put the coffin in a cement vault if its a full burial. I personally have buried (dug the hole and everything) my Mom, my Dad, my older Brother and my Son (they were all cremated). None of them required a cement vault. In fact my older Brother was a "collector" of many things. One of his many collections was old fashion kids school lunch boxes. At his request he is buried in a Hopp-A-Long Cassidy lunch box. RIP Al.

rod

Retired 23 years
I don't know why anyone gets buried. You gotta buy the land, then what? Your kids visit your grave once a year, your grandkids twice in their lifetime, then nobody for the rest of eternity. What a waste!
BINGO--seen that happen many times when I worked for the local Township and mowed grass at the Township Cemetary.