The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

newfie

VBYz1FR.png

good humor has to have a foundation in the truth. Trump has had too many fine women and produced too many children to make this one any good. a better one would have been an Obama who spent 8 years blaming bush. but then when did truth ever work its way into liberal humor.

newfie

Personally, I would like to see Kushner removed from any influence in the US government.
He is an aberration within the Trump organization and nothing good for Trump and the country will come from his involvement.

agreed. I'm fine with his making Kushner and Ivanka apprentices but I dont see them ready to be where they are.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

he is with Melania!!!!!

Not at all what I was talking about but it is nice to know that you feel it is OK for the man to just assume that he has "permission" to have sex whenever and wherever he wants. Trust me, she will do more than slap his hand away if he tries to grab that p*ssy.

I was referring to Trump the CEO having to adjust to being Trump the President.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Former CIA Director: 'Now we know' why Trump officials talking to the Russians may have been 'unmasked'

But Kushner, President Donald Trump's son-in-law and a top White House adviser, floated the possibility of setting up a secure line of communication between the Trump transition team and Russia when he met with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak late last year, The Washington Post reported Friday.
Those talks would take place in Russian diplomatic facilities in the US, the Post said, creating a secure line that would essentially conceal the administration's interactions with Russian officials from US government scrutiny.
Kislyak reportedly passed along that request to Moscow, in a phone call that was promptly intercepted by US intelligence agencies during their routine eavesdropping of foreign agents on US soil. Kislyak's call, which apparently described an attempt to bypass the US' national security and intelligence apparatus, would have gone into an intelligence report and been distributed among top government officials like Rice.
It also would have raised a big red flag, Hayden said. He was unequivocal when asked if he would have sought to unmask the US person cited by Kislyak as having proposed a secret backchannel to Russia.

"Oh my, yes," Hayden told Business Insider on Saturday. "Anyone would have."

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Former CIA Director: 'Now we know' why Trump officials talking to the Russians may have been 'unmasked'

But Kushner, President Donald Trump's son-in-law and a top White House adviser, floated the possibility of setting up a secure line of communication between the Trump transition team and Russia when he met with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak late last year ...
This is pretty normal for Presidents since FDR.
The purpose of this line was to talk with Syria which currently the US has no diplomatic relationship.

Context is important as well. All this Russian collusion stuff had not blown up yet. Probably not as poor judgment at that time as it appears to be now.

Last edited:

Sportello

The purpose of this line was to talk with Syria which currently the US has no diplomatic relationship.

Context is important as well. All this Russian collusion stuff had not blown up yet. Probably not as poor judgment at that time as it appears to be now.
Nice edit, but no, still no truer. That's not a back channel, that's espionage.

newfie

in fact none other then Obama attempted the same thing with the help of a private citizen setting up a back channel with Iran

In August 2014, Michael Ledeen, a former consultant to the National Security Council and U.S. Defense Department, penned a column at PJ Media stating Obama opened a back-channel to Iran during the 2008 presidential campaign. Ledeen said the back channel went through retired Ambassador William G. Miller, who also led the 1979 negotiating mission during the Iran hostage crisis. Ladeen wrote that Miller confirmed his back-channel involvement to him

Flashback - Reports: Obama Campaign Opened Back Channel to Iran - Breitbart

Catatonic

Nine Lives
in fact none other then Obama attempted the same thing with the help of a private citizen setting up a back channel with Iran

In August 2014, Michael Ledeen, a former consultant to the National Security Council and U.S. Defense Department, penned a column at PJ Media stating Obama opened a back-channel to Iran during the 2008 presidential campaign. Ledeen said the back channel went through retired Ambassador William G. Miller, who also led the 1979 negotiating mission during the Iran hostage crisis. Ladeen wrote that Miller confirmed his back-channel involvement to him

Flashback - Reports: Obama Campaign Opened Back Channel to Iran - Breitbart
Yep.
Jack Kelly mentioned that on MTP today and he told Todd it was nothing out of the normal. He mentioned 2 or 3 other presidents that had done similar.