The sales pitch is on.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's funny you say that.

I sent @cheryl a PM.... specifically asking.... if I could "announce" that.

A weekly YouTube live chat, would be cool and informational.

She politely explained, it was a violation of the TOS.

But, I could contact and inform BrownCafe members through PM's.

One step ahead of you. ;)

-Bug-
No. I was thinking more of our locals and International. Webcast everything. So easy to do.

Tony Q

Because it made you "dislike" the last person who suggested it?

Seemed like you have some deep seeded thoughts on the subject?
Anyone at ups who throws desertification will lose me. That’s one of those words that says it all, in my opinion. I don’t feel the need to explain myself.

Tony Q

Was never nice to you from the start and have been consistent ever since. If your opinion is that this contract is necessary to keep UPS competitive by getting 22.4's at a cheaper rate you are wrong. UPS profits every year with margins that are respectable, now you telling us the future behold a different path, that is not true again that is your opinion not fact. It does not matter how much we make or that we make 3 times that of DHL, USPS or Amazon, it matters that we provide a good service that customers are willing to pay the cost of doing bussiness. So keep bringing up your opinion as you would want me to believe it is factual but in reality it is not. Sorry to upset you now you will respond like any other liberal Democrat and say how I am wrong for calling you out on what you have said, ready go.
If you look at who was quoted in the post it wasn’t you. So obviously I wasn’t talking to you. As far as the smother jargon is your post I’m entitled to my say here just like you are. Your liberal Democrat comment says it all. You have made your preconceived notions as to what I am or what I meant.

“this National offer is the richest private sector contract ever negotiated in the history of this country. “

DR7

Twenty years ago when a driver was laid off in the winter here he would usualkybwork the preload then take out a half day. Don’t go over 3.99 hours they would tell us. Seems like they are trying to bring that back for less money now. IIRC drivers worked less hours then than now without the 3.99 routes. Still not sure about all of this.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Anyone at ups who throws desertification will lose me. That’s one of those words that says it all, in my opinion. I don’t feel the need to explain myself.
Yep, that word is right up there with "right to work".

My point is that it's not an isolated incident, and as a front line Steward, I am constantly trying to out out that fire.

Not sure "ignoring" it is a prudent game plan?

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
After this contract, you won’t hear shyt about Amazon for 4 years. Same thing happened with DHL. “They are gonna take us over!”
We actually had a district mAnager during that time come to one of our pcm’s And say if we didn’t start growing our volume that ups would be out of business in 6 months....quite a few chuckles came from the crowd....

DR7

I have a sweet resi route. 160-180 per day. But when it comes time to cut it is the first one to go. I don’t want to see two 22.4 guys taking out my route in half days while I’m stuck somewhere else.

bowhnterdon

That’s not what the op says. It says there must be three new rpcd added before another 22.4 driver added....
My problem with that is the same problem with have with 22.3 jobs. Nobody knows where they are , how many , where did this go? Company says it is moved to so and so. Who is going to keep track of all the jobs?

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
So if a supervisor is caught delivering ground, what is the penalty? Is it paid at “old” ground rate of $36 an hour or is it paid at “econo” 22.4 rate of $30 an hour? What about an air driver that touches ground?
There should be no more air drivers or tcd now with this new classification... including early am drivers.....

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
I have a sweet resi route. 160-180 per day. But when it comes time to cut it is the first one to go. I don’t want to see two 22.4 guys taking out my route in half days while I’m stuck somewhere else.
They should have to make sure your route is topped off before they run these hybrids.... ups wanted the flexibility but with that flexibility comes some serious planning.... your route stays in now....

Coldworld

Marty Peters kid
So if a supervisor is caught delivering ground, what is the penalty? Is it paid at “old” ground rate of $36 an hour or is it paid at “econo” 22.4 rate of $30 an hour? What about an air driver that touches ground?
Well that should never happen anyway since upS now has the flexibility to use a hybrid for a few hours to deliver those pkgs...