The sales pitch is on.

When you go back to the table things get changed around. You know your pension increase? That will probably be safe, but the part timers Pension increase, well they don’t vote anyway so I wouldn’t be surprised if that goes down. Little things like that change. I remember local 89 in the last Contract. They lost a $1,000 dollar bonus by voting it down the second time. I know, what’s a 1,000 dollars but to a part timer it would have helped. There was an issue with Part timers healthcare upon retirement that changed once things got voted down. There is a cause and an effect and consequences in everything you do. To expect everything to stay the same and get nothing but improvements it not livin in the real world. It’s negotiations. Just my two cents anyway.
That bonus was an insult. Ups should address the shuttle problem.

Snack

I don’t really blame the union either tho.. in my center the union reaches out but honeslty these young kids just don’t give a :censored2:. They are not interested in it. They don’t even know how to file a grievance or even want too because they think it will put a target on their back etc. they just want to come in high as hell and work 3hrs go home lol at least in my center

Give me a break with this "kids these days" crap. People have been coming in high as hell and working as little as possible for as long as the positions have existed. Anybody that shows up to toil in a damn oven for less money than they could be making at Burger King deserves a little credit. Maybe the company could attract a higher caliber workforce if they improved working conditions and raised starting pay.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
If you look at who was quoted in the post it wasn’t you. So obviously I wasn’t talking to you. As far as the smother jargon is your post I’m entitled to my say here just like you are. Your liberal Democrat comment says it all. You have made your preconceived notions as to what I am or what I meant.
Actually you stated you were all nice to me a few weeks ago hence a group of people. But hey you followed up just like I called it.

BigBrown87

I’m not hard selling anything. You were all nice to me just a couple weeks ago. No you just went all bipolar on me. I’m cool with this, because that is how the members can be. I hope you are alright. You flipped 360 degrees. You can go and read through my posts and they are very consistent. I’ve been kind to you, yet you tell me not to post here. All because I have an opinion. Take a look at yourself. There is an issue. I’m not to blame for what your seek or are missing.
Here I will quote your text for you since you have a hard time remembering what you post on here. See the second sentence you were all nice to me a couple weeks ago. So now that your words are in front of you how can you say that they were not ment for me when you phrased the conversation in a group setting. But like I said in my earlier post that you would tell me I was wrong even if I am quoting your words verbatim.

Tony Q

Yep, that word is right up there with "right to work".

My point is that it's not an isolated incident, and as a front line Steward, I am constantly trying to out out that fire.

Not sure "ignoring" it is a prudent game plan?
No I agree with you there, but when you've heard that word and my lawyer says this and that, you become agitated by the key words. I understand what you are saying and thank you for your service. A steward it a thankless job. So I want to take the opportunity to say thank you.

Tony Q

You know you can edit your conversation after you post right, if not I will teach you if need be.
Usually I open this thing up to about 25 questions. I try and answer most. once I am finished with one I go to the next one. If something gets lost in translation I am comfortable with your wrath and consequences. Punish me if need be, I'll survive.

Tony Q

Here I will quote your text for you since you have a hard time remembering what you post on here. See the second sentence you were all nice to me a couple weeks ago. So now that your words are in front of you how can you say that they were not ment for me when you phrased the conversation in a group setting. But like I said in my earlier post that you would tell me I was wrong even if I am quoting your words verbatim.
I would think you would have to take my word or not. either way it really doesn't matter to me. The first indicator I would think you would understand that I quoted @Sickofit and only him, but if you cant understand this I will understand. Honestly I've spent to much time on this and really don't care.

DR7

They should have to make sure your route is topped off before they run these hybrids.... ups wanted the flexibility but with that flexibility comes some serious planning.... your route stays in now....
And that language will be in the final contract or should be in the final contract? That’s what scares me.

BigBrown87

Usually I open this thing up to about 25 questions. I try and answer most. once I am finished with one I go to the next one. If something gets lost in translation I am comfortable with your wrath and consequences. Punish me if need be, I'll survive.
It should be fairly easy to fix or simply say what you mean, but hey to each his own. Personally I think it's funny how you think this contract is actually a good win for anybody other then the company. What exactly do you think will happen if the company gets 22.4's? Do you think the company will hold to the contract and not try to eliminate full time work by cutting routes and moving 22.4s to fill in when they deem fit. Dont try to tell me that the contract will state protections from this happening. I have been with this company long enough to know they will manipulate any language to their advantage.